Hungary re-writes constitution to DEFY EU - ending migrant quotas FOREVER
Although the Hungarian referendum on Sunday was void, as the turnout didn't reach the 50 per cent minimum limit, 98 per cent of those who voted said 'no' to the controversial EU migrant quotas.
This means 3.3 million people doesn't want Brussels to decide who they are going to live with in the future.
The Hungarian government now says they are mandated to refuse the EU’s mandatory migrant quotas by changing the country's law.
Today prime minister Viktor Orban introduced the planned amendments to the Hungarian Constitution.
In parliament he said: “We plan to amend the Constitution on... read more
- 15:39 Britons killed in Saudi Arabia crash
- 15:38 The Civic Society column with David Winpenny
- 15:37 Chelsea vs Southampton: Full line ups and team news for FA Cup clash
- 15:36 Stoke 1-1 Burnley: Ashley Barnes equalises for Clarets in second...
- 15:32 Is the mini-heatwave over? What this week's weather has in store
- 15:32 Arsenal 4-1 West Ham: Late goals from Aaron Ramsey and Alexandre...
- 15:32 The Civic Society column with David Winpenny
- 15:31 TV star Paul O'Grady devastated after death of his beloved dog Olga
- 15:29 Research reveals women are taking control of their finances
- 15:29 NHS staff and patients to celebrate ‘Experience of Care Week’
- 15:29 Thousands of fans pay tribute to Avicii at Coachella following his...
- 15:26 Lesbian mum told baby won’t be legally registered because she is gay
- 15:25 Rafael Nadal beats Kei Nishikori to win the Monte Carlo Masters for...
- 15:25 Courts: Man avoids jail despite attack with rounders bat
- 15:24 Is the mini-heatwave over? What this week's weather has in store
- 15:24 Research reveals women are taking control of their finances
- 15:22 Can you pass the UK citizenship test? Take this quiz and find out
- 15:22 Funding boost for police operation targeting Calderdale's dangerous...
- 15:22 How much do London Marathon 2018 winners get in prize money?
- 15:21 Research reveals women are taking control of their finances
- 15:21 Police raid illegal Thai orgy and find ‘sweating middle-aged...
- 15:21 Majority get first choice school
- 15:21 Trump says North Korea nuclear crisis 'long way from conclusion'
- 15:19 Is the mini-heatwave over? What this week's weather has in store
- 15:19 Meeting to discuss access to cancer services for patients in Cumbria
- 15:18 WEEKEND WEB: Keeping people in their homes
- 15:18 Get the squad together: BBC Three is looking for mates to go on a...
- 15:18 Man arrested outside Birmingham Airport after 'threatening to shoot...
- 15:15 Vintage bike used to fight crime in Edinburgh bought for £265,000
- 15:11 Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson gives epic surprise to a fan who asked...