Hundreds raise a glass at beer festival
Hundreds of people have raised a glass at Workington's Oktoberfest Beer and Cider Festival.
The annual event got under way on Thursday night at the town's Carnegie Theatre and ran into the weekend.
Jake Leg Jug Band and Buzz Elliott performed at the opening night and The Nightriders and Miss Dee were also performing.
The event is organised by Workington Rotary Club and money raised will help several of their projects.
Hospice at Home West Cumbria will receive £1,000.
People have been able to taste 60 different beers and ciders and organisers set up a prosecco bar for the first time to... read more
- 13:21 Single lady finds romance after TV debut on Take Me Out – with...
- 13:20 Bullring fire: Live updates as firefighters rush to Birmingham...
- 13:20 Stepmum who killed toddler Keegan Downer abandons bid for freedom
- 13:20 What are the 'police' posters plastered all over Tithebarn Street?
- 13:20 South China Sea code with Beijing must be legally binding - ASEAN...
- 13:18 Oxford University sorry for eye contact racism claim
- 13:17 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp speaks out on Steven Gerrard appointment
- 13:17 Susan’s tasty Easter treats help hospital
- 13:16 Third man charged on suspicion of murdering New Arley father Greg...
- 13:15 Lancaster GP supports vulnerable children at the London Marathon
- 13:15 Countdown is on for Cheshire West and Chester boundary review...
- 13:13 Deutsche Post to deliver groceries for AmazonFresh in Germany
- 13:13 VIDEO: Dramatic footage as sheds and allotments go up in flames
- 13:13 Revealed: New Harrogate mayor + her deep roots in community
- 13:12 Spotted: More Man United injury woe as defender confirms shoulder...
- 13:12 Jurgen Klopp: This is how I feel about Mamadou Sakho's injury
- 13:12 Woodwork students crafted a new sign for village
- 13:12 Anthony Joshua open workout: Photos from boxer's session ahead of...
- 13:11 Will Donald Trump attack North Korea? US President warns 'MAJOR...
- 13:11 Police name man arrested in Whitehall as Mohammed Khalid Omar Ali
- 13:10 Teenager speaks of 'living nightmare' after being shot in the head...
- 13:10 Meet the three-year-old girl who sleeps for just 90 minutes each...
- 13:10 World stocks pause near record highs
- 13:10 Turkey's Erdogan will tell Trump Turkey could help retake Raqqa
- 13:10 Online abuse of teachers needs to be taken seriously - South...
- 13:10 Norway races Australia to fulfill Japan's hydrogen society dream
- 13:10 Homeless man beaten in "unprovoked" attack on busy road in broad...
- 13:10 King and Queen will star in village gala
- 13:09 Traders walk out of court in protest after being ordered to pay...
- 13:09 Student shortlisted for apprentice accolade