Hundreds of properties in Carlisle left with no water due to burst pipe
More than 600 properties in parts of Carlisle have been left with no water or poor pressure because of a burst pipe.
The problems, which are affecting properties in the CA1, CA2 and CA4 postcodes, were first reported to United Utilities about 7am.
A spokesperson for the company said: "Our inspector has requested a team of engineers to attend to site and carry out a repair to the burst water main on Durdar Road.
We also have our water on wheels vehicles on the way and they should be on site shortly, once on site they will start pumping into the main to help restore the supply.
Thank you... read more
- 12:23 England star Jamie Vardy hailed ‘absolute legend’ for hilarious...
- 12:20 BBC announces action to boost staff from BAME backgrounds
- 12:20 'Finchley Park needs levelling' - Furious reaction as man, 45,...
- 12:20 Prince Louis to be baptised on July 9
- 12:20 Teenager robbed at knifepoint in Widnes
- 12:19 Portugal v Morocco LIVE: World Cup updates with Cristiano Ronaldo...
- 12:19 Ford Park group set out to combat litter scourge
- 12:18 12 gauge pump-action shotgun handed into police
- 12:18 Kalidou Koulibaly tells Chelsea fans to expect a ‘very good coach’...
- 12:18 Two seriously injured after two bus smash outside Edinburgh primary...
- 12:17 University includes Nazi quote in email to students
- 12:17 Corby medical centre fined for fly-tipping
- 12:17 Rejuvenated Jimny
- 12:16 Drivers’ incentives to use new coach park
- 12:16 Bookies link Wolves with shock bid for West Brom star
- 12:15 Airport runway closure saw disabled passengers 'trapped on plane'
- 12:15 This new hub will help young people with disabilities find employment
- 12:15 PICS: Football fever lands at Treetops Nursery
- 12:14 Workers shouted 'get out' following chemical leak at Carlsberg in...
- 12:14 Free travel on the Metrolink offered as part of Clean Air Day
- 12:13 Anger at hospital stroke plan
- 12:13 Big Clean campaign continues to inspire tidier south Cumbria
- 12:13 Teen says charity abseil was no let down
- 12:13 Royal fuss kicked up over threats to beloved Bowness cinema
- 12:13 Scotland better represented in the Lords than other parts of the UK
- 12:13 'Catalogue of neglect' slammed by campaigners after second survey...
- 12:12 PNE add games at Cobh Ramblers and Oldham to their pre-season...
- 12:12 Intrepid Whitby wingwalker set to take on daredevil challenge in...
- 12:10 People of west Cumbria will be left with "second class service"...
- 12:10 Pop star Lee Brennan hosting Oasis-themed World Cup party in Carlisle