Hundreds of people treated for flu in Northumberland and North Tyneside
Hundreds of people have been treated for the flu at hospitals in Northumberland and North Tyneside.
NHS services in the area continue to be hit by a surge in flu cases, with 279 patients treated for the virus since December 1.
There were still 67 people in hospital receiving treatment on Monday.
More than 1,650 people have been admitted to hospitals around the country diagnosed with Aussie flu.
Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust bosses have warned the outbreak is expected to get worse before it gets better.
Executive medical director Jeremy Rushmer added: “Flu has added to what was... read more
- 10:37 Kevin Pietersen on retiring from cricket: 20 overs of fielding...
- 10:44 Money from dormant bank accounts to be used to tackle...
- 10:44 Davis and Barnier hope to agree Brexit transition terms
- 10:44 Let it B as music star hits Millennium Square in Leeds
- 10:44 Roadworks underway in busy area of Carlisle this week
- 10:44 A story in song from Bowland to the Rockies
- 10:44 How the MOT test is changing this year
- 10:44 Water supplies cut off to houses in Southam this morning
- 10:44 Attempted theft from van in Deeping St James
- 10:44 John's real-time WW1 blog: Desperate parents’ action to solve the...
- 10:44 Where are the best cricket clubs in Lancashire?
- 10:44 Better behaviour in chamber as complaints about Wigan councillors fall
- 10:44 When to see Prince Charles in Boston today
- 10:36 'Use cash to tackle town centre litter which attracts rats' WITH VIDEO
- 10:36 ATP Rankings: Roger Federer closer to Rafael Nadal, Juan Martin del...
- 10:36 Tottenham would profit to the tune of £175m if they sold Harry Kane...
- 10:36 Boxing legend Frank Bruno warns Anthony Joshua not to 'get macho...
- 10:36 Early deals you can get in the Amazon Easter sale 2018
- 10:36 West Midlands Fire Service 'misleading public over five minute...
- 10:36 Crash involving two cars and a HGV blocks A595 near Carlisle
- 10:33 Cardinal Keith O'Brien, disgraced Catholic church leader, dies
- 10:32 Transfer news: Arsenal and Manchester United track Benfica ace
- 10:32 Newbiggin takeaway lands a five-star rating
- 10:29 Renewed focus on policing in West Yorkshire
- 10:28 Archbishop of Canterbury to visit Coventry - where he was ordained...
- 10:27 Vladimir Putin secures record win in Russian presidential election
- 10:27 A third of UK Muslims report abuse or crime while studying
- 10:27 Andreas Christensen sought John Terry advice after dip in form at...
- 10:27 Six Nations 2018 verdict: Guardian writers on their highs and lows
- 10:26 Man Utd news: Jose Mourinho involved in HUGE training ground bust-up