Hundreds of people treated for flu in Northumberland and North Tyneside
Hundreds of people have been treated for the flu at hospitals in Northumberland and North Tyneside.
NHS services in the area continue to be hit by a surge in flu cases, with 279 patients treated for the virus since December 1.
There were still 67 people in hospital receiving treatment on Monday.
More than 1,650 people have been admitted to hospitals around the country diagnosed with Aussie flu.
Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust bosses have warned the outbreak is expected to get worse before it gets better.
Executive medical director Jeremy Rushmer added: “Flu has added to what was... read more
- 15:09 Thousands of Derbyshire jobs up for grabs
- 15:08 Gaz Beadle silences the haters with video of Emma McVey...
- 15:08 The Mail backs Ulverston firefighters' bid to protect fire services
- 15:08 Fundraising page set up for disgraced liver surgeon
- 15:08 Places still available for National Nuclear Skills Conference
- 15:07 MP welcomes new fly-tipping powers
- 15:07 Weather Watch: There could be more snow to come
- 15:07 Library to change its opening hours
- 15:07 Thousands of Derbyshire jobs up for grabs
- 15:07 New swimming-pool hoists to be installed at leisure centres
- 15:06 Family sob as they recall moment they saw ‘lifeless’ body of baby...
- 15:06 Prostitution could be about to become decriminalised in the UK
- 15:06 This WhatsApp subscription text is a scam – here’s what to do if...
- 15:04 Hull's spectacular Race for Life is returning with even more events...
- 15:03 Fantasy Football Tips: Five men to add, five to discard and one to...
- 15:03 Would you pay extra £5 a year for fire and rescue services?
- 15:03 People are ‘microdosing’ tiny hits of weed at work to boost...
- 15:01 Drone hit newly erected crane during Kent site survey - report
- 15:00 Latest Chesterfield magistrates’ court results
- 14:59 Revealed: The best time of day to eat carbs without piling on the...
- 14:58 Bake Off's singing cakes up for animation award
- 14:58 New campaign is raising awareness of sexual abuse of children
- 14:57 Metal Gear Survive open beta COUNTDOWN: PS4, Xbox One time, date,...
- 14:57 CCTV APPEAL: Police appeal to track three men in connection with...
- 14:57 Winds of Winter: George R R Martin talks being a ‘slow writer’ in...
- 14:57 Mansfield man’s £750 court bill for speeding
- 14:57 James Bond 25: Why Christoph Waltz could still be returning as...
- 14:57 Alcohol social worker banned after boozy trip to shops
- 14:57 Dementia diet: Eating this 34p vegetable could lower your risk of...
- 14:57 Restaurant manager downed vodka and cokes before driving