Hundreds of new homes approved for land at risk of flooding
0 Comments More than 1,200 residential properties have been granted planning permission in the last five years against the advice of the Environment Agency over flood risk, the figures from the organisation show.
The agency’s advice is taken by local planning authorities for the overwhelming majority of houses, but the number of homes being built despite flood concerns may be higher than the figures show.
There have been a series of cases in Shropshire when plans for new homes have been approved despite no objection from the agency, but wide-scale concerns from residents about the risk of... read more
- 12:15 Andrew Neil calls London attacker ‘poundland terrorist’ in...
- 12:14 Work to start on repairing damaged M180 bridge
- 12:14 National mortality statistics at health trust pubclished
- 12:14 Pub's £130,000 beer garden will have to be taken down
- 12:13 CANTEEN is back - here's a peek of the incredible street food on...
- 12:13 Chester young people facing disadvantage to be mentored by world...
- 12:13 Stephanie Davis vows to ‘keep going strong’ with son Caben-Albi as...
- 12:12 Train delays in Lincoln, Grantham and Skegness after power cut
- 12:12 Charities join together to win the public's support
- 12:12 Top boxers aid Blackpool man’s specialist underpants firm
- 12:12 Awards success for VetPlus
- 12:12 Barry Meyers to rejoin JPMorgan after almost two years at Barclays
- 12:11 Have your say: Harrogate planning fees to rise in reform of system
- 12:11 Are Dave King and Rangers finally moving in the right direction? -...
- 12:11 Have your say on plans to replace historic Hartlepool statue
- 12:10 Loro Piana: A rare kind of luxury
- 12:10 Man receives postcard in the mail 40 years after it was sent
- 12:10 The dawn of DHELA
- 12:10 Aerial images show moment Khalid Masood was shot after London...
- 12:08 Chelsea target offers huge transfer update: He wants to play in the...
- 12:08 £10,000 reward to help find stolen jewellery from Burton Green
- 12:08 Trump administration approves Keystone XL pipeline
- 12:08 Swifts to fly high with council help
- 12:08 Meet Lois’s new running partner that has helped her train for a...
- 12:08 Sunderland legend Kevin Phillips unveiled as first star ambassador...
- 12:08 Coronation Street Insider: Sinead suffers heartbreaking miscarriage
- 12:08 Driver who sped through Antwerp shoppers faces terrorism charges
- 12:07 Deadline for voter registration is near for Deepings and Bourne
- 12:07 Bourne woman seriously injured in A15 crash
- 12:06 Europe's financial lifeline from London in doubt