Hundreds of cyclists turn out for fundraising Rivers Ride
Hundreds of cyclists have been pedalling around the streets of west Cumbria this morning, taking part in the Jennings Rivers Ride.
Now in its fifth year, the event was created following the 2009 floods with the previous routes followed the river courses that were affected. Money raised was donated to the Cumbria Community Foundation.
But after Jennings Brewery in Cockermouth - which supports the event - was hit by flooding in 2015, organisers wanted to create a new challenge this year and moved the event to the town itself.
Around 300 riders set out on a range of different routes, including... read more
- 06:16 Club chief explains why Chelsea striker deal collapsed last summer
- 06:16 Arsenal’s £25m swoop, Liverpool message, Man United’s two bids,...
- 06:16 Our Westminster editor gives his first hand account of terrorist...
- 06:16 We must not flinch in the face of terror - evil will never be...
- 06:16 Italy's Five Star Movement blamed for surge in measles cases
- 06:15 Burglar jailed after leaving blood and fingerprints during East...
- 06:14 Business Improvement District blitz Northampton streets in a bid to...
- 06:14 Celebrating 70 years of iconic Dr Martens brand
- 06:14 Victoria’s little shop of horrors in Daventry has become a monster...
- 06:14 Swimming gala fun celebrates talent
- 06:13 Pogba, Sanchez, Hazard... The Premier League's most valuable XI
- 06:13 Manchester United defender Luke Shaw handed timely boost
- 06:13 Man City star John Stones is a symbol of progress in English football
- 06:13 London terrorist attack - Derby MPs pay tribute to police officer...
- 06:13 Huge vessel’s visit captured by college art teacher
- 06:13 Hartlepool schoolboy Alfie Smith completes his first physio session
- 06:13 Hundreds gather to say ‘goodbye’ to Hartlepool youngster Ethan Owens
- 06:13 Fly-tipping increase fears
- 06:13 Hartlepool United’s Kieran Green joins Gateshead, Adam Bartlett...
- 06:11 Leeds school to close for day following Ofsted inspection
- 06:11 Leeds planners ‘must do more to encourage house building’
- 06:11 Police follow up new leads in hunt for 1994 killers of Tracey Mertens
- 06:10 How the front pages of newspapers are reporting the London...
- 06:10 Key quotes and tributes in the aftermath of London terror attack
- 06:10 CBeebies stars heading to Wellingborough for premiere of new stage...
- 06:10 Kettering couple can’t wait for first Mother’s Day after 12 years...
- 06:10 Funding row leads to fears over future of Corby Urgent Care Centre
- 06:09 Leader comment: Britain’s police need to routinely carry guns
- 06:09 Leader comment: Time for change on GM crops
- 06:09 Hundreds of Scottish headteachers to get ‘leadership training’