Hundreds of anti-Brexit campaigners stage protest in Newcastle city centre
Anti-Brexit protesters gathered at Monument for a 250-people strong protest against leaving the EU.
The event was attended by people from all over the North of England including Liverpool, Manchester and Leeds - with plenty of North East natives.
Local politicians from Labour, the Lib Dems and the Green party came together to speak about the issues that Brexit has caused in the North East.
Labour MP Chi Onwurah and Lib Dem Councillor Jonathan Wallace were concerned by the impact of Brexit on local jobs at Nissan and Siemens, and the alarming rise in racially-motivated or xenophobic hate... read more
- 15:51 Antonio Conte hints at FA Cup start for Emerson after impressing...
- 15:50 Tesco is selling cans of passion fruit martinis
- 15:51 Amber Rudd boasted of harsher immigration strategy, leak reveals
- 15:50 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn: Why Patrick Vieira should NOT...
- 15:50 Kirkby couple sentenced for bus shelter sex session
- 15:48 Daniel Craig’s own Aston Martin to go under the hammer
- 15:48 Town poll to be held asking Whitby residents: 'Do you want to leave...
- 15:48 A64 in Yorkshire closed after 10ft concrete blocks fall onto the road
- 15:48 Sir Alex Ferguson insists he is 'proud to have been a rival,...
- 15:48 Banned dangerous driver hit car in Mansfield
- 15:48 ‘Be Water Aware’ is the message as temperatures rise
- 15:47 Kirkby couple sentenced for bus shelter sex session
- 15:47 Meet the schoolgirl filmmaker and her canine camera star
- 15:47 Coppull author to read Reu The Rainbow Gnu in support of Reuben's...
- 15:46 ‘Be Water Aware’ is the message as temperatures rise
- 15:45 Thomasina Miers’ recipe for lentils with pancetta, goat’s curd and...
- 15:45 Cocktail of the week: Martello Hall's Little red door
- 15:45 Shop in town goes single-use plastic free
- 15:44 Arsene Wenger quits Arsenal: Who joins Thierry Henry in his best...
- 15:44 Arsenal expected XI: Arsene Wenger to go 4-3-3 against West Ham for...
- 15:44 PIERS MORGAN: I'm glad Wenger's going, but I'm also glad I can...
- 15:44 Chelsea expected XI: Who will make Antonio Conte’s 3-4-3 for FA Cup...
- 15:44 US court sentences former Liberian warlord to 30 years
- 15:44 Last Damascus rebels bombarded as Assad presses advantage in Syria
- 15:44 Bristol hospital vows to improve training after death of teenager
- 15:43 Last days of Preston's former indoor market caught on camera
- 15:42 Doncaster Apprentice star returns to TV to tell of store's success...
- 15:42 A guide to nudist beaches in North Wales
- 15:40 Land Rovers put through their paces on muddy Grantham course
- 15:40 Papa John’s is selling a ‘cheeseburger pizza’