Hundreds expected at funeral for popular soldier Savenaca Koroibulileka who died playing rugby
Hundreds are expected to attend the funeral later this week of a soldier who died playing rugby last month.
Savenaca Koroibulileka, known as Koro, Savy and Tu, collapsed during a match between Oakham RFC and West Bridgford at Rutland Showground on September 24.
The 38-year-old Fijian, a former private in the 2nd Battalion, Royal Anglian Regiment, collapsed after scoring a try and was pronounced dead at Peterborough Hospital.
He was serving with the Military Provost Guard Service, helping protect St George's Barracks, in North Luffenham when he died,
The funeral for the hugely popular family... read more
- 07:31 British mum killed after falling from hot air balloon in front...
- 07:31 Worker sold firm’s stock on eBay
- 07:31 Twitter pairs: MLAs matched with famous lookalikes
- 07:31 Fire rages close to historic Exeter Cathedral
- 07:30 'Pleasure Island is in my blood - I will miss it' - Melanie Wood on...
- 07:30 The sting in the tail for a star of Grimsby's Flog It! ahead of its...
- 07:30 How grief for his wife spurred Charlie to volunteer - and he's...
- 07:29 UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Oct 28
- 07:29 Philippine mayor among 10 killed in shootout as drug war enters new...
- 07:28 Some of the gigs taking place in the Dispatch area this weekend
- 07:28 Adam Murray: ‘Mansfield Town will make the play-offs’
- 07:28 NHS 'hundreds of millions of pounds short' regaining cash from...
- 07:28 Eni posts third-quarter net loss, misses expectations
- 07:28 UBS sees tough markets ahead as third-quarter profit drops
- 07:28 Total third-quarter beats forecast on increased output and cost...
- 07:27 Royal Bank of Scotland sees more losses in third quarter
- 07:24 Thieves leave 'scene of devastation' after ransacking church for money
- 07:24 Woman accused of murdering boyfriend by stabbing him in chest...
- 07:23 'Evil' bully's reign of terror which left disabled girlfriend 'broken'
- 07:23 EU gives food clean bill of health over herbicides
- 07:22 Nikkei climbs to fresh 6-month high as rising yields help financial...
- 07:21 Phil Brown tells Hull City fans what they'll get from Neil McDonald
- 07:21 Q&A with new Hull KR coach Tim Sheens as he talks City of Culture...
- 07:21 Family’s thanks for support after fire destroys their Swinstead home
- 07:21 NHS 'hundreds of millions of pounds short' regaining cash from...
- 07:20 Manchester United receive Chris Smalling injury boost
- 07:19 Iain Duncan Smith to urge PM to scrap £3.4bn Universal Credit cuts
- 07:18 Barnet suffer major blow ahead of Hartlepool visit
- 07:18 William Scott Abbott Trust receives last of money it needs to...
- 07:17 South Derbyshire food hub in Swadlincote celebrates feeding 1,000th...