Humberside Police sees biggest reduction in child arrests
HUMBERSIDE Police has seen the biggest reduction in arrests of children of all forces in England and Wales, according to a new report.
A study by the Howard League for Penal Reform revealed a 77 per cent drop in arrests of children aged 17 and under in the Humberside force area between 2010 and 2015, with the number dropping from 5,751 to 1,300 during that period.
Nationally, a 58 per cent reduction in children being arrested was reported.
Superintendent Dave Houchin from the Humberside Police community safety unit said: “Sometimes young people make mistakes.
"Too often in my career, I... read more
- 10:48 Lance Stroll must NOT copy this current F1 driver, claims Jacques...
- 10:48 Elbow to play Sherwood Forest
- 10:47 Flashing UFO appears near Space Station – but astronaut ‘covers it...
- 10:47 REVEALED: Which workers are most likely to drink or drug-drive
- 10:47 From a milkman on skis to sledding nuns: Stunning vintage photos of...
- 10:47 Reports of shooting near Primary School in Glasgow during morning...
- 10:46 Woman taken to hospital after vehicle smashes into post near Doncaster
- 10:46 West Keal incident leaves horse rider with serious injury
- 10:46 SPEED CAMERAS: Latest hot spot locations
- 10:46 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:46 Pep Guardiola effectively says Manchester United are out of the...
- 10:45 Consultation on STI funding
- 10:44 Top things to do at the weekend (January 20 to 22)
- 10:44 Coalition forces have freed two million from IS, says Fallon
- 10:43 Kids describe their dream homes
- 10:43 Pendle Jazzmen thrill at The Inn on the Wharf
- 10:42 Police want to trace these woman as part of probe into theft from...
- 10:42 New top cop wants a ‘first class response’ for Fylde and Wyre
- 10:40 We name and shame the people who have been in court
- 10:40 Work on new £3.5m Ongo office gets underway
- 10:39 Everton ace to discuss future with Ronald Koeman as West Ham and...
- 10:38 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:38 Two crews attend kitchen fire in Louth
- 10:38 New top cop wants a ‘first class response’ for Fylde and Wyre
- 10:38 South Shore crews called to extractor fan fire
- 10:38 Trinity Walk’s celebrates fifth birthday with a record-breaking year
- 10:37 University students urged to get vaccinated against meningitis and...
- 10:37 Woman punched in the face by man in Kettering
- 10:37 Liverpool FC boss Klopp's dig at 'long-ball' Manchester United
- 10:37 David Beckham pays tribute to Manchester United staff member who...