Hull student Anthony Walgate died 'after serial killer Stephen Port spiked his drink' - trial
Alleged serial killer Stephen Port spiked a Hull fashion student's drink with a date-rape drug to satisfy his "fetish" of having sex with unconscious men, a court heard.
Anthony Walgate, 23, who grew up in the Foredyke Avenue area of east Hull, was discovered dead close to a graveyard in Barking, east London, in June 2014.
He was one of four alleged victims of accused Stephen Port, 41, a former chef and male escort. Port allegedly gave the Hull man an overdose of the drug GHB because he liked having sex with men when they were unconscious. After Mr Walgate died, Port then dumped... read more
- 08:45 Man who breached restraining order hours after prison release...
- 08:43 WEATHER: Cold, dry day with rain by tonight across Derbyshire
- 08:43 Emergency services launch investigation into a summer house blaze
- 08:41 Coach boost for financial adviser
- 08:40 Emergency services launch investigation into a summer house blaze
- 08:39 WEATHER: Cold, dry day with rain by tonight across Derbyshire
- 08:39 Help over Freeview TV problems
- 08:39 Club hears talk on music history
- 08:39 Emergency services launch investigation into a summer house blaze
- 08:39 Health chiefs raise awareness of regular HIV testing
- 08:38 Dog rescued from South Yorkshire kitchen blaze
- 08:38 Alexandra Burke once again favourite for Strictly crown as she tops...
- 08:38 Firefighters battle two outdoor fires near Doncaster
- 08:37 Planning list for council to determine
- 08:36 Carl Frampton secures points victory over Horacio Garcia on...
- 08:36 Peter Kay tickets on sale from today - insider tips on beating the...
- 08:34 Emergency services launch investigation into a summer house blaze
- 08:33 Ilkeston arsonist must pay £1,000 compensation to victim
- 08:27 'The board have to make a decision' West Brom boss Tony Pulis - the...
- 08:25 No seasonal slowdown at Heatherslaw Cornmill
- 08:25 Northumberland farmer lands new role with the CLA
- 08:25 Beer festival helps hospice
- 08:25 Engineers reveal how they made Guy Martin's Mark IV replica tank
- 08:22 Manchester United target £136million double transfer of Antoine...
- 08:21 Strictly Come Dancing 2017: Viewers call out Mollie King over...
- 08:21 Devious way a man recorded teenage girl in a shower
- 08:19 A robotic revolution? Newcastle City Council frees up staff days by...
- 08:19 Why does it take so long to turn into North Shields at new Billy...
- 08:19 Current affairs getting you down? Here are some reason to be cheerful
- 08:19 Where we are in the league of shame for stealing from supermarket...