Hull ‘should only have one strip club’, city council says
Councillors have reduced the number of sex entertainment venues they consider appropriate for the city centre.
It means only The Purple Door lap-dancing club in Dock Street now qualifies under the new policy.
Previously, the council allowed a maximum of two venues in the city centre.
Now that figure has been cut to one.
The re-think was prompted by the recent closure of The Honey Trap lap-dancing club in George Street.
The decision to change the policy was made as councillors approved the renewal of The Purple Door's licence for another 12 months.
More news: Hull UKIP MEP faces inquiry... read more
- 13:12 Man taken to hospital after attack on Chestnut Street in Deighton
- 13:12 In the courts of Lincolnshire...
- 13:11 "Wrexham AFC are a good side, we had to keep ourselves in the game"
- 13:10 Why it is now harder to illegally stream football and movies
- 13:10 Undercover police sting snared 'predatory' man trying to incite...
- 13:09 How can we alter farming practices in upland Wales to ensure its...
- 13:09 ‘Homeless’ begging gang pictured getting out of car together before...
- 13:09 VIDEO: Notts protesters try to stop council tree cull
- 13:09 Paedophile David Sutton smuggles blade into Hull court dock on...
- 13:09 Arson investigation after elderly man's mobility scooter set-alight
- 13:08 Joey Essex just swore live on This Morning – because of a ‘f**king...
- 13:08 Lucas Perez wants to leave Arsenal ‘at any cost’, confirms...
- 13:08 £117k youth club windfall
- 13:08 New chief commits to action plan on rural crime
- 13:07 Footage shows scuffles outside ground as Mansfield Town lose at...
- 13:07 Roe v Wade: plaintiff's death highlights weakening of abortion...
- 13:07 NHS trusts overspent by nearly £900m
- 13:06 Police probe 100-man brawl in city centre
- 13:06 Can you help this mother find her late son's lost artworks?
- 13:06 Is former Birmingham City hero Paul Caddis about to find a new club?
- 13:05 LETTER: Beakers were not just limited to Batley!
- 13:05 Shigellosis: Everything you need to know about this highly...
- 13:05 Fizzy drinks spark liver disease warning
- 13:05 Particles from outer space ‘wreaking low-grade havoc on mobile...
- 13:04 Confue on target but Town fail to take maximum points
- 13:04 Grammar school 'would be a waste'
- 13:04 Skiing soldier slaloms his way to glory
- 13:04 Port Vale v Bristol Rovers: Call for police and steward conduct probe
- 13:03 Yorkshire weather: Winter set to return with high winds, cold...
- 13:03 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho reacts to Marcus Rashford's...