Hull rugby star plays match with appendicitis after mistaking pain for stomach cramps
Hull FC vice-captain Scott Taylor lived up to his sport's hardman reputation when he inadvertently played a match while suffering from appendicitis. The 26-year-old thought he had stomach cramps before his side's defeat to Wigan Warriors in Australia, where Hull are currently on tour.
Yet it's now emerged that the prop underwent appendix surgery after the game and is set to miss three weeks of action.
It's proven to be an eventful trip to New South Wales for Hull, who have also called up a former player to their injury-hit squad after he visited the team hotel to catch up with friends.... read more
- 12:26 Manufacturers appoint Joel to increase engagement
- 12:26 14 warning signs of an emotional abusive partner
- 12:26 Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola ready to sign improved...
- 12:26 Arsenal draw AC Milan in last-16 of the Europa League as veteran...
- 12:25 Gloucester v Wasps: The Big Match Preview
- 12:25 Coventry City team news: Here's who is in and who is out for...
- 12:25 REGIONAL: Family ‘distraught’ as brothers, aged two and six, killed...
- 12:25 Yorkshire hotel named one of Britain's most romantic
- 12:24 How next week’s cold weather could affect your mobile phone
- 12:23 Mercedes chief reveals why Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas could...
- 12:23 Roger Federer: Dubai Tennis Championship appearance in doubt as...
- 12:23 Pendle in bid to breakaway from Lancashire County Council
- 12:23 Victims of bungling robber speak of their ordeal
- 12:23 Time for a little horse therapy
- 12:23 Spurned teen armed himself with bat and went to attack love rival
- 12:23 Arsenal to take on AC Milan in last-16 of Europa League
- 12:22 Leaders defend decision to increase council tax again in Hartlepool
- 12:22 Yorkshire hotel named one of Britain's most romantic
- 12:21 Councillors feel CCTV is solution to concerns over youth shelter
- 12:21 Prison recycling scheme to help homeless people
- 12:21 Blackpool pub to re-open after council purchase
- 12:21 Club rallies to help war memorial repair
- 12:21 From dental nurse to electrician, there are plenty of jobs...
- 12:21 Stephen Fry recovering from prostate cancer surgery
- 12:21 Village school celebrates reaching gold standard
- 12:21 Film Of The Week Cold comfort farm
- 12:21 'I am sorry I love you all' Heartbreaking final message from young...
- 12:20 Argos jewellery experts coming to Birmingham to help Mother's Day...
- 12:20 West Brom team news update includes the latest on Kieran Gibbs,...
- 12:20 Why changes are coming to Birmingham City's summer transfer...