Hull KR relegated after Salford clinch golden-point victory
Hull KR's 10-year stay in Super League was brought to an end in dramatic fashion following a 19-18 golden-point defeat to Salford in the controversial Million Pound Game at the Lightstream Stadium.
Salford looked destined to make the drop as they trailed 18-10 with two minutes left but hit back with two last-gasp tries to draw level.
Gareth O'Brien, who was wide with both difficult conversion attempts, struck the decisive blow in the first minute of extra time with an outrageous 50-metre drop goal.
Hull KR had not even touched the ball in added time before referee Phil Bentham blew his... read more
- 00:23 What a motley crew of British fascists got up to in WWII
- 00:23 Highways to hope
- 00:23 Rugby League: Bulls suffer defeat to Giants in first game
- 00:23 Tennis: Murray sent packing by world number 50
- 00:23 Alexis the saviour with late penalty
- 00:23 Making billions from Saudi Arabia’s war crimes
- 00:23 Grassroots rally against Labour right land grab
- 00:23 The government’s racist housing policy
- 00:23 Turkey: Erdogan launches bid to seize greater powers
- 00:23 Trump pulls plug on TPP trade deal
- 00:23 Gambia: Jammeh agrees to relinquish power
- 00:23 Build bridges not walls, says planet
- 00:23 McDonnell pours cold water on Ukip dreams
- 00:23 World ‘has stopped watching’ apartheid
- 00:20 Lagos living: Solving Nigeria's megacity housing crisis
- 00:20 David Moyes makes worrying revelation about Sunderland squad after...
- 00:20 Sam Allardyce facing crisis at Crystal Palace after Everton defeat
- 00:20 Israel's Modiin Energy plans to buy North Sea drilling rights
- 00:18 New Stranraer manager Stevie Farrell eyes dream double as he begins...
- 00:18 Friends reunited? Queen of the South midfielder Joe Thomson admits...
- 00:18 How we built India's biggest robot company
- 00:18 Why Bill Clinton helped a 33-year-old build a $1bn firm
- 00:18 The Crusader: Caterer stuck with two phone bills after smartphone...
- 00:18 City news: House prices, Noble Foods and BT
- 00:18 Share Hunter: Ladbrokes Coral prove it’s better together
- 00:15 John Sheridan apologises for shocking rant in which former Notts...
- 00:15 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp admits the need for new signings...
- 00:14 Search for company to design, build and maintain trains for HS2...
- 00:14 Teenager remanded in custody over Leonne murder
- 00:14 Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce blasts striker: I won't have anarchy