Hull City boss Mike Phelan offers up relegation warning
Mike Phelan admits his Hull City will have to be mentally stronger if they are to halt a worrying slide down the Premier League table.
The Tigers were thumped 6-1 away to Bournemouth on Saturday as Eddie Howe's side ran riot at the Vitality Stadium with three goals in each half.
A fourth consecutive defeat leaves City in 16th – just a point off the bottom three – and without a league win in almost two months.
This weekend's home fixture with Stoke demands a reaction from an ailing team and Phelan accepts his side need to rediscover the resilience last seen in the opening month.
"We... read more
- 11:46 RUMOUR MILL: Allardyce or McInnes to take over at West Brom, while...
- 11:46 WEATHER WARNING: Strong winds set to batter our region
- 11:45 WEATHER WARNING: Strong winds set to batter our region
- 11:45 Best supplements for arthritis: These FOUR could be a natural CURE...
- 11:45 BREAKING: Wakefield Council scraps parking-charge plans across the...
- 11:45 England braced to be battered by 70mph winds as Met Office issues...
- 11:44 Primark is selling these cute Disney Christmas baby grows - and...
- 11:44 'This is why you don't see police around as much': 'Furious' police...
- 11:44 Something for everyone at Clitheroe Fairtrade market
- 11:44 This is how the National Lottery is set to change in 2018
- 11:42 Weather warning issued for Lancaster district
- 11:42 Motorcyclist injured in 'serious' crash near Beacon Hill Country...
- 11:41 Drug addict jailed after aggravated burglary at Mablethorpe shop
- 11:41 Holbeach are footy champs
- 11:40 Camelot plans changes to Lotto next year after drop in sales
- 11:40 Labour MPs angry after Pro-EU voters 'betrayed' by front bench
- 11:39 VIDEO: 100 firearms handed in during Derbyshire surrender
- 11:39 Who actually cares about the Budget? Eight reasons why the people...
- 11:39 Want to have a very merry Christmas? Here's what you need to do
- 11:39 National Lottery set for HUGE changes in 2018 - how it affects you
- 11:38 Boots hasn’t lowered the cost of the morning after pill, but is now...
- 11:38 St Annes' Easterleigh Animal Sanctuary still going strong
- 11:38 Dancers attempt to break world record in support of Children in Need
- 11:37 Three held in Gaia Pope investigation reveal why they were arrested
- 11:36 Dementia patients prescribed unnecessary drugs to keep them calm
- 11:36 What is happening in Zimbabwe? Timeline of how the coup unfolded
- 11:36 Louth Golf Club: Brackenbury wins Past Captains Trophy
- 11:36 Ed Sheeran and Stormzy nominated for scaled-back BBC Music Awards
- 11:35 Why you should already have put your Christmas decorations up at home
- 11:35 Pep Guardiola names four Man City stars that will play against...