Hull-born actress Maureen Lipman returns home to unveil Amy Johnson statue
Actress Maureen Lipman has returned to her home-city today to unveil a statue of aviatrix heroine Amy Johnson.
The Hull-born star was invited as guest of honour to reveal the monument, which commemorates 75 years since Amy Johnson's death and the end of the Amy Johnson Festival.
The statue has been given pride of place in the middle of a park in the new Hawthornes housing development, in Hawthorn Avenue, where 491 homes are under construction by top housebuilder Keepmoat.
Maureen, who was made a CBE in 1999, made her way to the city this lunchtime to honour the woman who inspired her so... read more
- 14:01 Players with most Premier League goals before turning 24… Kane's up...
- 14:01 Zlatan Ibrahimovic's agent reveals whether Sir Alex Ferguson ever...
- 14:01 UNITARY AUTHORITY: East Lindsey ‘will actively engage’ in discussions
- 14:01 URGENT APPEAL: Concern growing for missing Skegness girl
- 14:01 Iconic Nolia 31310 mobile phone is back in business after relaunch
- 14:00 Former drug addict gets his first job in 30 years
- 14:00 Britain’s first ‘bionic dog’ runs again after being found with paws...
- 14:00 Jay Z and P!nk among Virgin V Festival 2017 headliners - along with...
- 14:00 BREAKING: Armed police make two arrests on major Sheffield road...
- 13:59 Teenager Brandon Bilsborough jailed for at least 25 years for...
- 13:58 Iconic Nokia 3310 officially relaunched: Everything you need to know
- 13:59 Pakistan confirms seven extra passengers carried on fully booked...
- 13:58 URGENT APPEAL: Concern growing for missing Skegness girl
- 13:58 TOWIE tans really do make men more attractive to women, suggests...
- 13:58 Huge bridge beams installed as part of Wellingborough’s Stanton...
- 13:57 Zlatan Ibrahimovic: ‘I will stop on top’
- 13:57 Manchester United star Eric Bailly gets revenge on Antonio Valencia...
- 13:56 Iconic Nokia 3310 officially relaunched: Everything you need to know
- 13:56 Luke Shaw set to leave Manchester United: He’s had enough under...
- 13:56 Here's what the retirement house of the future might look like
- 13:56 Clifton shop goes on the market - and it's rent-free for a year
- 13:55 Redundancy led to own business for Castleford marketer
- 13:55 YP Letters: Coping with challenge of variety in classroom
- 13:55 Pontefract student lands C4 TV drama role
- 13:55 Scunthorpe man dies after crash
- 13:54 22 drink related deaths in Scotland each week
- 13:54 Police Scotland seeks to ‘do more with fewer people’
- 13:53 Nokia 3310 officially revealed: Everything you need to know
- 13:53 Woman pulled to ground during struggle with armed robber in...
- 13:53 Tailbacks after lane closures on M1 at Wakefield