Huge investment to upgrade Calderdale’s footpaths
More than £500,000 will be invested in Calderdale to upgrade the borough’s network of pathways, rights of way and canal towpaths.
Calderdale Council received flood recovery money from the Department for Transport to repair the highway network, left badly damaged by the devastating Boxing Day floods.
The majority of the funding is being used to repair the highways infrastructure, but a proportion has also been allocated to restore and improve the public rights of way.
Work on the programme is already underway and it is hoped that two thirds of the programme will be completed in December... read more
- 16:45 Celtic confirm they will take no tickets for potential Champions...
- 16:43 Oil slide muddies inflation outlook, weighs on global stocks
- 16:43 ‘Road rage’ incident sparks respect call
- 16:41 Paraglider crashes on Cumbrian fell
- 16:39 What does Italy's Berlusconi like about Trump? His wife
- 16:39 Man jailed after trying to import child-like sex doll into UK...
- 16:39 Caravaggio takes Commonwealth Cup gold at Royal Ascot with...
- 16:39 Los Angeles police shoot at pit bill but kill teenager
- 16:39 Walkers raise cash for cancer trust
- 16:38 Why have our cars suddenly been covered in dust?
- 16:38 5 hidden tourist gems on Orkney
- 16:37 'You'll be back' judge tells convicted burglar who slammed...
- 16:36 Cuts are piling extra pressure on my exhausted officers, says West...
- 16:36 Wheelchair basketball player Harry Brown hoping for victory in...
- 16:35 Update: Two further arrests made in connection to Dalton axe assault
- 16:35 Sellafield firefighters vote for industrial action
- 16:35 Ulverston town councillor steps down due to 'too much politics'
- 16:34 Pupils and staff mark 50th anniversary of Princethorpe College
- 16:33 London Pride Parade 2017: Route, start and finish time, bus route...
- 16:33 Facebook to tackle online extremism and hate speech in new initiative
- 16:33 Man jailed after trying to import child-like sex doll into UK...
- 16:33 Europe faces Herculean challenge to develop new fighter jet
- 16:33 ‘He was my life’ - widow tributes to the ‘Cleveleys Cowboy’
- 16:32 Rangers and Celtic supporters clash over new Ibrox kit deal and...
- 16:32 Has hot newcomer Tyla turned Kem's attention away from Amber?
- 16:32 Sicily's cornered Mafia primed for reversal of fortune
- 16:32 Dean Gaffney gets road ban for refusing to say who drove his...
- 16:31 'I saw the fear in my mum's eyes': Daughter joins campaign for...
- 16:31 TrumpWatch: It’s all over for Ossoff
- 16:31 Cumbrian volunteers sought for migraine device trial