Huge backlog of appointments leaves 'tens of thousands' of patients without check-ups
Tens of thousands of patients are overdue key check-ups at local hospitals - for the second time in 12 months.
The huge backlog for follow-up appointments at hospitals in Grimsby, Scunthorpe and Goole has grown despite a warning from safety inspectors that previous "unacceptable" delays put care at risk.
Latest figures show 22,600 people were last week facing delays in some cases of more than eight months beyond dates when they should have seen experts for follow-up care.
The problems blamed on staff shortages come nine months after hospital bosses said a previous backlog of... read more
- 11:34 Why I get mistaken for being drunk
- 11:34 The Great War in the voices of the people
- 11:34 Belford GP to retire in April after 35 years
- 11:34 The man taught to have sex by lesbians
- 11:34 Man carrying rifle in Crook street arrested
- 11:34 Remember: Clocks spring forward tonight
- 11:32 Traffic lights on A590 at Lindal still in place
- 11:32 Chocolate bars could get smaller after Brexit warns Cadbury
- 11:31 Horror as abandoned Bulldog is found with horrific skin condition
- 11:31 West Brom: The bumper list of free transfers available for Tony...
- 11:31 Aston Villa: The bumper list of free transfers Steve Bruce could...
- 11:30 When do the clocks go forward in 2017? Here's what you need to know...
- 11:30 Robbie Savage: I was right about this Manchester United star
- 11:29 Karim Benzema gives striker transfer advice: Man United and Arsenal...
- 11:28 Aldi shoppers warned over this fake voucher scam
- 11:28 Uma Thurman co-star Rosie Day in Coventry to visit baby hospice
- 11:28 This Keresley home with STUNNING landscaped gardens could be yours
- 11:27 Search is on for war hero's family after medal is found buried in...
- 11:26 Teen dies after taking elephant tranquilisers bought illegally on...
- 11:26 Man with Derbyshire links was sat next to bomber in Brussels terror...
- 11:25 QUICK QUIZ: The week in questions
- 11:24 A very wise person has developed a wine bottle that doesn’t drip
- 11:24 Barcelona given asking price for star man: Liverpool won't be happy
- 11:24 Seven days left to avoid higher car tax bills: Cost of new vehicles...
- 11:24 This referee has been red-carded after 40 years - here's why
- 11:23 71 Brewing: Beer from the heart of Dundee
- 11:21 Wayne Rooney slams Neil Taylor over tackle which broke Seamus...
- 11:21 Three arrested in St Helens over attack in Asda car park
- 11:20 Tributes pour in for Ripley teen who died after South Normanton...
- 11:19 Watch: Drugs raid and police crackdown sees four arrested across...