Huddersfield has a rich Caribbean history - and this event celebrates it
A Caribbean Heritage Trail is being launched as part of Huddersfield’s Black History Month programme.
A guided walk on Sunday, October 9, will introduce people to sites and stories associated with the rise and cultural contribution of Huddersfield’s Caribbean community over almost 70 years.
The trail recaptures some of the pioneer years from the late 1940s to early 1970s when people came to work in the town.
Points of interest include some familiar and unexpected places: the ‘Railway houses’ and the ‘Houses of Parliament’ where people used to sit on park benches and discuss the concerns of... read more
- 09:58 Strictly shows ‘had whole of resort jumping’
- 09:57 European shares set three-month high, ECB in limelight
- 09:57 Major Chesterfield development finally set for go-ahead
- 09:56 Help put a smile on a child’s face this Christmas by donating to...
- 09:54 Japanese robotics startup ZMP to delay Tokyo listing
- 09:54 Road partially blocked after crash near Horncastle
- 09:54 ThyssenKrupp secrets stolen in 'massive' cyber attack this year
- 09:54 So you humiliated yourself at the Christmas party. What next?
- 09:54 Chelsea enter race to sign Southampton defender - reports
- 09:53 The search is on for Junior Miss Lincolnshire
- 09:53 VIDEO: Monster Raving Loony Party leader Howling Laud Hope talks to...
- 09:53 Help save lives – give blood at Grantham sessions
- 09:53 Arrest after 3am 999 caller threatens to enter sea
- 09:53 More trains will stop at Morpeth
- 09:52 Give way to cyclists when turning, says British Cycling
- 09:51 BYPY committee and awards date revealed
- 09:51 More strikes at Topshop depot in Solihull
- 09:50 Risking Beijing's ire, Vietnam begins dredging on South China Sea reef
- 09:50 Brazilian footballer takes first steps after plane crash that...
- 09:48 Son of Mackworth man Geoff Seggie due in court today charged with...
- 09:48 Government to respond in Brexit Supreme Court case
- 09:47 Marks confident Town can recover
- 09:47 Boss Page praises ‘unbelievable’ attitude of Cobblers players ahead...
- 09:46 Convenience of a new bar at Sheffield Town Hall site
- 09:46 Crashes cause delays on South Yorkshire motorway
- 09:46 Olympic athlete and Sheffield charity celebrate young people’s...
- 09:46 The rise of a former Victorian bakery: A dozen flats for sale on...
- 09:46 Tom Hughes not concerned by Scunthorpe RUFC's losing streak
- 09:45 Heartbreaking picture of boy, 7, attacked by bullies as he posted...
- 09:45 Anthony Joshua v Eric Molina: Undercard, start time, TV details and...