Huddersfield drunk driver smashed into safety barrier at Manchester Airport
A businesswoman claimed she only had a glass of wine before she smashed into a safety barrier at Manchester Airport.
But a breath test showed that 33-year-old Sheryl Gentles from Huddersfield was approaching nearly double the booze limit.
The mother-of-two from Almondbury Bank was given a 20 month ban and fined £150 after pleading guilty to driving with excess alcohol when she appeared at Manchester and Salford magistrates’ court.
Her lawyer Rachel Andrews said she had been in the Isle of Man on business and had not eaten all day.
Mrs Andrews added: “She is of slim stature and was very... read more
- 16:37 England among several Russia World Cup hopefuls planning to be...
- 16:37 Petra Kvitova pulls out of Eastbourne due to an abdominal injury
- 16:37 Lewis Hamilton angered by Sebastian Vettel's actions in Azerbaijan...
- 16:37 Volunteers save carnival
- 16:36 Why 20,000 of Leicester's poorest households could be hit with...
- 16:36 World's longest inflatable obstacle course coming to Midlands - and...
- 16:36 Otto Warmbier: US professor says he 'got what he deserved'
- 16:36 Jewish group cancels Netanyahu dinner over Western Wall decision
- 16:36 Party leaders react to Theresa May’s £1,000,000,000 deal with DUP
- 16:36 Superfast broadband coming to villages across Rugby borough
- 16:35 Heartbreaking tribute from school after 12-year-old rugby player...
- 16:35 Newcastle transfers: Most expensive Magpies line-up of all time...
- 16:35 Drink driver feared he was victim of a 'cash for crash' scam
- 16:34 Priory School rewarded for cricket success
- 16:35 Severn Trent cautioned after chlorine levels in water found to be...
- 16:34 Tractor club cheque presentation in Holbeach for cancer charity
- 16:34 CPS rules out criminal charges over death of Sunderland engineer...
- 16:32 Chelsea 2017/18 away kit leaked: New images of strip circulate online
- 16:32 Alexandre Lacazette to Arsenal: Huge summer transfer backed by...
- 16:32 Carlisle Bell 2017: Kevin Dagleish confident of landing famous double
- 16:32 Barrow pupils battled the wind to clean up favourite haunt
- 16:29 Police gave children fake guns to shoot ‘terrorist’ targets on a...
- 16:29 Lancaster City player to undertake Morecambe prom charity challenge
- 16:29 Watch moment man tries multiple door handles before slipping inside...
- 16:29 Time running out to secure school bus seats
- 16:28 Couple married on Good Hope Hospital ward after groom given weeks...
- 16:27 Wall St. boosted by tech stocks, rebound in oil prices
- 16:27 Slain Minnesota man's family in $3 million police-shooting settlement
- 16:27 Sutton knife woman sent to crown court
- 16:27 Serena Williams would be 700th in world if she played on men’s...