HP cuts up to 4,000 jobs worldwide
US computer company HP Inc has said it expects to cut 3,000 to 4,000 jobs over the next three years.
The hardware business of the former Hewlett-Packard announced the plans as part of a larger restructuring effort.
It is hoped the cuts will generate some $200m (£163m) to $300m in annual savings for the firm, but they are expected to cost up to $500m in charges.
HP also issued a lower-than-expected earnings guidance for next year.
The company said it expected adjusted profit for the fiscal year 2017 to be between $1.55 and $1.65 per share.
Hewlett-Packard split into two businesses last year:... read more
- 16:47 UK workers facing no growth in earnings for the next 20 years
- 16:47 Apple slash iPhone X shipping dates down to one week
- 16:47 Commuting by bike or public transport could make you deaf,...
- 16:47 Garstang Theatre Group all set for pantomime season
- 16:46 Man, 33, dies following crash between five cars and HGV
- 16:45 Commuting by bike or public transport could make you deaf,...
- 16:45 Cancer patients forced to wait months extra for vital care
- 16:44 Paddington 2 rescued from Harvey Weinstein-founded studio
- 16:44 Shane Richie speaks out over future of EastEnders spin-off Redwater
- 16:44 Strictly Come Dancing vs The X Factor - who won this week's ratings?
- 16:44 EastEnders' Tamzin Outhwaite: I was shocked by gender pay gap
- 16:44 I'm A Celebrity: Amir Khan and Georgia Toffolo picked for first...
- 16:44 CCTV images released after SECOND Tamworth shop burglary
- 16:44 COLUMN: Girls will not always be girls
- 16:44 Morecambe Road School “a little island” surrounded by floodwater
- 16:43 Man Utd News: Stunning Griezmann claim, Rose swoop update, Mata...
- 16:43 Budget 2017: stamp duty tax cut ‘will drive up prices’
- 16:43 Cambridge University visit gives pupils taste of life on campus
- 16:43 Rob Holding and Nacho Monreal play NBA 2K18 in celebrity...
- 16:43 Travel agent celebrates 50 years of making dream holidays come true
- 16:43 Anthony Joshua wants Joseph Parker and his belt... if the Kiwi's...
- 16:42 Morecambe Road School “a little island” surrounded by floodwater
- 16:42 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho desperately needs to...
- 16:42 Commuting by bike or public transport could make you deaf,...
- 16:42 Belper lorry driver arrested after 60-year-old man dies in road crash
- 16:41 The Crown season 2 spoilers: Claire Foy shares new secret behind...
- 16:39 Jeremy McConnell shows off new teeth before being jailed for...
- 16:38 Bitcoin boost: French bankers to offer cryptocurrency
- 16:38 Pound v US dollar: Pound slips from three-week high as Hammond...
- 16:38 Amir Khan's fear of snakes branded 'fake' after photo emerges online