How your electric car could be 'a virtual power station'
If electric cars really are the future, where is all the electricity to power them going to come from?
There are currently more than a billion vehicles on the road worldwide, 38 million of them registered in the UK. The overwhelming majority run on petrol or diesel.
But the world is changing.
Manufacturers are investing heavily in developing both hybrid and pure electric models to help meet tightening emissions standards.
Why switching to fully electric cars will take time Towns and cities want to impose restrictions on conventional cars to reduce pollution; and in the long term, some... read more
- 06:59 Five Derbyshire roads closed after heavy snow
- 06:58 Leader comment: Law to oust errant MSPs carries serious risks
- 06:58 Tories bid to outflank SNP in post-Brexit powers row with ‘Union...
- 06:57 Government decides to keep 1p and 2p coins after one-day consultation
- 06:55 Village pub saved after locals raise £1,000,000 to buy it back...
- 06:54 Newcastle United’s last stand in the Champions League - against...
- 06:54 Revealed: The staggering number of drivers caught speeding through...
- 06:54 Tax-dodging businessman spent thousands of pounds on football games...
- 06:52 Russia election video shows officials allegedly filling ballot boxes
- 06:49 Morrisons creates £10 meat box it says will feed your family for a...
- 06:49 Many men are sexually harassed in the workplace – so why aren’t...
- 06:48 Five Derbyshire roads closed after heavy snow
- 06:47 Five Derbyshire roads closed after heavy snow
- 06:47 Man Utd ace Nemanja Matic reveals one reason why working with Jose...
- 06:45 Final straw: Post campaign to ditch single use plastics
- 06:46 Careers service’s link with school is bearing fruit
- 06:45 Ant McPartlin 'arrested on suspicion of drink-driving'
- 06:45 Empire Awards: Steven Spielberg says Time's Up is a "watershed moment"
- 06:44 Morrisons creates £10 meat box it says will feed your family for a...
- 06:44 Many men are sexually harassed in the workplace – so why aren’t...
- 06:43 Five Derbyshire roads closed after heavy snow
- 06:42 Peele pupils hear of Holocaust horror from survivor
- 06:39 Young Hartlepool mum on road to recovery after suffering massive...
- 06:39 Hartlepool council writes off £170,000 in unpaid tax debts
- 06:39 £1.25m due to be spent improving Hartlepool’s crumbling roads
- 06:39 Hartlepool and EastDurham groups recognised at awards ceremony
- 06:39 UK Travel chaos: Ice HAVOC at Gatwick and motorists DISRUPTED...
- 06:38 Many men are sexually harassed in the workplace – so why aren’t...
- 06:38 New chapter for Library House
- 06:37 Government decides to keep 1p and 2p coins after one-day consultation