How your electric car could be 'a virtual power station'
If electric cars really are the future, where is all the electricity to power them going to come from?
There are currently more than a billion vehicles on the road worldwide, 38 million of them registered in the UK. The overwhelming majority run on petrol or diesel.
But the world is changing.
Manufacturers are investing heavily in developing both hybrid and pure electric models to help meet tightening emissions standards.
Why switching to fully electric cars will take time Towns and cities want to impose restrictions on conventional cars to reduce pollution; and in the long term, some... read more
- 09:14 Arbroath receive big fitness boost ahead of game at Alloa
- 09:15 Jeff Brazier’s fiancé Kate Dwyer posts first family snap as she...
- 09:14 Dundee United’s Tam Scobbie comes up against in-form strike...
- 09:14 St Johnstone head to Ibrox without Murray Davidson
- 09:14 East Fife work on plans to thwart table-topping Ayr United
- 09:15 Premier League predictions: Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd win,...
- 09:14 Raith Rovers look to extend 100% home record
- 09:15 Newcastle United exclusive: Rafa Benitez has overachieved with...
- 09:14 Montrose looking for Elgin City revenge
- 09:14 Dundee’s Paul McGowan hoping to make amends for Hearts ‘blip’...
- 09:14 The Yorkshire Post says: Exposé into West Yorkshire Combined...
- 09:14 Dundee boss looking for players to right a lot of wrongs
- 09:14 Experienced duo available for Forfar
- 09:14 Dunfermline looking to turn the clock back against St Mirren
- 09:14 Relegation six-pointer for Brechin and Falkirk
- 09:11 Hate Christmas? You can now smash up festive decorations for fun
- 09:11 Thomas Lemar sends Gooners into meltdown by ‘liking’ post claiming...
- 09:10 Latest news from Berwick Stoma Support Group
- 09:09 The ‘potentially hazardous’ asteroid Phaeton 3200 will zoom past...
- 09:09 Twice-banned Nelson drink-driver caught behind the wheel whilst...
- 09:09 How to get your Instagram best nine of 2017
- 09:09 Derek Ferguson says it will be a proud moment if and when son Lewis...
- 09:08 I hope our brightest and best embrace the ‘Year of Engineering’
- 09:07 Top marks for South Shields primary school from inspectors
- 09:07 South Shields performers get ready for the big stage
- 09:08 Christmas shoppers warned over 'treacherous' conditions as ice...
- 09:07 Parents warned not to buy mini motos for South Tyneside kids
- 09:07 Youngsters meet Santa on magical Shields Ferry ride
- 09:07 Man taken from South Shields cliffs after rescue operation
- 09:07 South Tyneside primary youngsters above average