How toddlers' fussy eating habits are all in the genes: Children react differently when presented with foods of different flavours, textures and appearance
Toddlers' fussy eating habits are more to do with genetics than poor parenting, experts have found.
Scientists at University College London examined the eating habits of more than 1,900 pairs of twins.
The toddlers, aged 16 months, displayed huge variety in what they were willing to eat - but the researchers found this was more likely to be influenced by genes than upbringing.
Writing in the Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, they said: 'During early childhood, children are gradually introduced to an increasingly varied diet comprising previously unseen foods of different flavours,... read more
- 07:58 Alexandre Lacazette transfer looks ideal for Arsenal, says...
- 07:58 PSG contact Fabinho as Manchester United talks drag on
- 07:58 Man who pushed boy off bike in Leamington park sought by police
- 07:57 Prince Charles trip on Royal Train cost taxpayers £46,000
- 07:57 Two bullies filmed attacking schoolgirl, 12, tracked down
- 07:57 Real Madrid Transfer News: Gareth Bale to snub interest from PSG...
- 07:57 Lionel Messi isn’t happy about Gerard Deulofeu Barcelona arrival -...
- 07:56 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 07:56 Derbyshire GP who blogged about her bipolar disorder committed suicide
- 07:55 Lions v Hurricanes LIVE updates: Can Joseph, North and co earn a...
- 07:55 Paper round-up: Liverpool’s £25m Oxlade-Chamberlain bid, Manchester...
- 07:54 Bradley Lowery's mum inundated with disrespectful messages asking...
- 07:54 UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on June 27
- 07:54 Did you see armed police in South Shields on Monday night? Here's...
- 07:53 Vehicles seized during car-cruising crackdown at M1 junction
- 07:53 Arrest made after two assaults involving same people
- 07:53 Help shape new council ward boundaries in Nottingham
- 07:53 Watch Donald Trump's most awkward handshake evolve into hug that...
- 07:53 Seven-year-old remains in critical condition after Westgate Sports...
- 07:53 Great White Shark 'hunting off Britain's shores' as expert warns of...
- 07:53 Pound to euro exchange rate: Sterling steady ahead of crucial Bank...
- 07:53 Derbyshire GP who blogged about her bipolar disorder committed suicide
- 07:51 Villagers save baby elephant after it fell into water tank
- 07:51 Derbyshire GP who blogged about her bipolar disorder committed suicide
- 07:51 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 07:50 Derbyshire GP who blogged about her bipolar disorder committed suicide
- 07:50 Schaeffler slashes profit guidance on price pressure, R&D costs
- 07:49 Three big names lined up for Hamilton supermarket redevelopment
- 07:47 PICS: ‘Amazing’ turnout to Mansfield Armed Forces Day celebrations
- 07:47 UNDER THE MICROSCOPE: Love Island presenter Caroline Flack, 37,...