How to protect your idea and turn it into a business
IT’S a situation that entrepreneurs throughout Scotland will recognise – you wake up in the middle of the night with a brilliant idea.
You scramble about for a pen and a piece of paper and, after jotting down your amazing inspiration, you drift back off into a satisfied sleep.
Then the hard work begins – you wake up the next morning and scratch your head as you try to figure out how to turn that idea into a business.
For Murray McNicol and Willie Biggart, necessity was the mother of invention.
The pair had become investing directors in a catering business in Glasgow, which was delivering... read more
- 11:04 Can you help broaden horizons for family show specialists?
- 11:03 Appeal to trace relatives of Wakefield man after his death
- 11:02 Liverpool target Alisson pulls off ‘incredible’ skill during match...
- 11:01 Who controls the world's most toxic chemicals?
- 11:01 Daphne the duck: Giant inflatable found off Perth after Australian...
- 11:00 French consulate worker accused of smuggling guns to Gaza
- 11:00 Motorcyclist dies after Cuckney crash
- 11:00 Barcelona star Lionel Messi doesn't get punished for dissent like I...
- 11:00 SPECIAL REPORT: The homes in Northampton so bad they are making...
- 11:00 Appeal to trace relatives of Wakefield man after his death
- 10:59 Elderly South Yorkshire man followed and robbed by van driver
- 10:59 Snow causing disruption to Sheffield bin collections
- 10:59 Call for artists to take part in Buxton Spa Prize
- 10:59 Numbers can cause a host of problems for schoolchildren
- 10:59 Ten things that make you realise why you love Wigan
- 10:58 Numbers can cause a host of problems for schoolchildren
- 10:58 European team of the week based on stats: Real Madrid, Inter Milan,...
- 10:58 'I need some explanation' When one West Brom old boy forgets...
- 10:58 Yet another weather warning issued for Birmingham on Tuesday by Met...
- 10:58 Bullring co-owner rejects takeover bid by French investor
- 10:57 Driver tells firefighters to ‘f*** off’ after blocking them in to...
- 10:57 Numbers can cause a host of problems for schoolchildren
- 10:57 Water supplies cut off to houses in Southam this morning
- 10:56 UK growth muted despite increasing worldwide demand
- 10:56 Law firm Burness Paull named as 2017’s top dealmaker
- 10:56 'Abandoned' former Sutton pub could be turned into apartments
- 10:56 Numbers can cause a host of problems for schoolchildren
- 10:56 Kevin Pietersen reveals why he decided to retire from cricket:...
- 10:55 Numbers can cause a host of problems for schoolchildren
- 10:55 Snow causing disruption to Sheffield bin collections