How to preserve a lifetime's store of hard-earned wealth for your family - everything you need to know about creating a will
Most adults in the UK do not have a will – and a leading beneficiary of this financial planning blindspot is the Government.
Large slices of wealth that have not been efficiently allocated in life or in a will end up as tax handed to the Treasury.
Inheritance tax worth £4.8 billion was siphoned from estates of the deceased in the year to April 2017 – a rise of £167 million on the year before.
Every year, thousands more people are falling into the threshold for paying this much-hated tax.
The Office for Budget Responsibility forecasts that £5.4 billion of inheritance tax will be paid... read more
- 14:07 Final tickets released for CarFest North 2018 - Here's how to get them
- 14:07 Eden Project North to be built at The Bay
- 14:07 Take to the road in a sportive
- 14:07 Heated public meeting over Oatlands Junior School plans
- 14:06 Dog beach ban returns next month in Whitby and Scarborough
- 14:06 Shire rejects £43bn offer from Japan's Takeda Pharmaceutical
- 14:06 Woman spent £190,000 on plastic surgery to look like her...
- 14:04 Fundraising ball to be held in memory of Chester schoolgirl
- 14:03 Twilight walk for Loros hospice set to raise more than £100k in...
- 14:03 PSG boss Unai Emery does not know if Neymar will return from injury...
- 14:03 Monaco 'send scouts to watch Ryan Sessegnon' as they join...
- 14:03 World Snooker Championship draw pairs Ronnie O'Sullivan and Stephen...
- 14:02 David Cameron: Calling a referendum on the EU was the right choice
- 13:59 Council change policy to prevent whistleblowers losing their job
- 13:59 Barcelona squad turned on Ernesto Valverde after shock Roma defeat...
- 13:59 ECB proposes radical 100-ball format for flagship Twenty20...
- 13:58 Warwick residents to celebrate Royal wedding with street party
- 13:56 ‘No more sledging’ says new Australia Test cricket captain Tim Paine
- 13:56 Viewers enraged with This Morning’s ‘disgusting’ Dale Winton tribute
- 13:55 Can guys feel the difference between different vaginas just with...
- 13:54 Why Homeland deserves to go out on top
- 13:54 'Unexplained' Dale Winton death investigated by police amid...
- 13:53 Animatronic Arnie pushes PPI complaints to four-year high
- 13:52 Jason Biggs’ wife Jenny Mollen reveals shocking weight loss due to...
- 13:51 New chair of trustees at the King’s Own Museum
- 13:51 Shared Lives scheme has made a difference in Lancashire
- 13:51 FMQs: Sturgeon won't name SNP consultant who met Cambridge Analytica
- 13:51 Don’t leave dogs in hot cars
- 13:50 Shipston gearing up for biggest party yet
- 13:50 Is Scotland set for a mini April heatwave?