How to eat like a Victorian
Although Victorians faced many public health problems, could it be that they ate more healthily than us? Michael Mosley investigates.
Many of us like the fantasy of being a time traveller, popping back to see how people out of our history books really lived. Over the last few months I've been making a series in which a group of volunteers have experienced for themselves something of what their ancestors had to endure, by living in a reconstructed Victorian slum.
Although they had a tough time, none of our volunteers had to put up with the wide range of lethal microbes that killed so many in... read more
- 11:27 Kettering woman cleared of sexual assault on boy
- 11:27 Northants County Council’s £2.5m redundancy payouts in past year
- 11:27 Paul O’Grady pays tribute to ‘Mr Showbiz’ Dale Winton and dishes on...
- 11:26 Walter Moody: Alabama executes 83-year-old
- 11:26 Three arrested following ram raid on Co-op in Long Bennington and...
- 11:25 Lorry fire at Sainsbury's roundabout in Chester causing heavy traffic
- 11:24 Eden Project boss confirms plans for “world class” experience in...
- 11:24 ELDC calls on Lloyds Bank to reconsider its decision to withdraw...
- 11:24 Man denies murdering wife at family home in Halifax
- 11:24 Lincolnshire Police officer hits headlines after posting racy...
- 11:24 Lani Blair breaks silence amid Tristan Thompson ‘cheating’ scandal...
- 11:23 From 'very heated moments' with Sir Alex Ferguson to war of words...
- 11:23 Arsene Wenger to leave Arsenal: The changing face of Gunners'...
- 11:23 Caring students in charity boost
- 11:23 Arsene Wenger will be remembered at Arsenal as a manager who...
- 11:23 Dream place at sport acdaemy
- 11:23 Global coup lands Kate a double first
- 11:22 Cash for Kids aims to raise funds for Kelis
- 11:22 Toddler got leg trapped in bed
- 11:22 Two people taken to hospital after crash
- 11:21 Arson attacks on homes rising in Warwickshire
- 11:21 Reports of an explosion
- 11:21 Police divers return to Cavendish Dock amid ongoing investigation...
- 11:21 Film reviews: Funny Cow | The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie...
- 11:20 ELDC calls on Lloyds Bank to reconsider its decision to withdraw...
- 11:20 Toddler got leg trapped in bed
- 11:20 Arson attacks on homes rising in Warwickshire
- 11:19 VIDEO: Man sent to prison after car chase through Rugby town centre
- 11:19 Shakin' Stevens' tribute to Harrogate music legend
- 11:19 Arson attacks on homes rising in Warwickshire