How the next Google could come from new university business hub
The University of Nottingham is an established institution within the city – but how does it contribute to the local economy? Dr George Baxter, one of the senior directors working at the Innovation Park, explains to Dan Robinson how higher education is helping Nottingham businesses
"We want to set up several hundred businesses each year – some of those might be single-person businesses but we might just get the next Google. That would be the dream."
Ambitions for the University of Nottingham's new £5.2m enterprise centre are set high, as Dr George Baxter's words keenly... read more
- 09:50 Waiter knocks thumb off Roman sculpture at British Museum
- 09:50 Man charged with firearms offence after special police operation in...
- 09:50 The Great British Bake Off reaches record audience
- 09:50 WATCH: Erosion has led to fish-pass problems
- 09:50 Bamburgh WI, Meeting
- 09:49 India detains Pakistani diplomat at Delhi Zoo for 'spying'
- 09:49 Support for South Korea's Park slides to all-time low amid crisis...
- 09:49 More shops opening in Leicester than closing down
- 09:49 Brexit fails to knock Shoe Zone
- 09:48 East Midlands Airport flights could be hit by strikes today
- 09:48 Chemistry department rebirth is now completed
- 09:46 Russia tests prototype nuclear warhead for Satan II which could...
- 09:46 The UK economy has grown since Brexit
- 09:46 Saints skipper Wood earns England recall
- 09:45 Hockey: Burton hit back to claim first victory of campaign
- 09:45 Find the row with empty seats and buy a VIP lounge pass for £20:...
- 09:45 Hockey: Defeat for brave Barton in top-of-table thriller
- 09:45 Barclays joins Lloyds in the PPI doghouse as the lender dishes out...
- 09:45 Toys R Us will offer a quiet shopping hour to help children with...
- 09:45 Hockey: Taylor nets four times in Burton Ladies' win
- 09:45 Manchester United fans forced to backtrack as Mourinho lauds...
- 09:45 Tranquil retreat at risk from new estate
- 09:45 DATA: Aston Villa's TV times
- 09:44 Criticism of autism services for children in Cumbria
- 09:43 Asia shares extend losses, dollar firms but off highs
- 09:43 New Calais 'Jungle' arrivals cannot use resettlement scheme - prefect
- 09:43 South Tyneside veteran’s children receive top award
- 09:43 Youngsters dig in to planting
- 09:42 Can you help find Chantelle?
- 09:42 Euro zone lending growth steady in September