How the birthplace of denim is making jeans again
Although jeans are often associated with North America, the material they are made from - denim - actually originates from the Southern French city of Nimes. And now a small company has started making jeans in the birthplace of denim.
In his small workshop looking out on to a sun-drenched courtyard in a residential street in Nimes, Guillaume Sagot is cutting up a denim canvas with a giant pair of scissors.
The 31-year-old entrepreneur uses chalk first to draw the outline of the different jean segments before carefully cutting them to size. The cuts will then be sent to Marseille, an hour... read more
- 15:53 Kirkby couple sentenced for bus shelter sex session
- 15:52 Kirkby couple sentenced for bus shelter sex session
- 15:52 Arsene Wenger to leave Arsenal: reaction, tweets and quotes
- 15:52 Families told to evacuate flats as building 'could collapse'
- 15:52 ‘Be Water Aware’ is the message as temperatures rise
- 15:51 Young Harborough artists invited to enter recycling art competition
- 15:51 Antonio Conte hints at FA Cup start for Emerson after impressing...
- 15:50 Tesco is selling cans of passion fruit martinis
- 15:51 Amber Rudd boasted of harsher immigration strategy, leak reveals
- 15:50 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn: Why Patrick Vieira should NOT...
- 15:50 Kirkby couple sentenced for bus shelter sex session
- 15:48 Daniel Craig’s own Aston Martin to go under the hammer
- 15:48 Town poll to be held asking Whitby residents: 'Do you want to leave...
- 15:48 A64 in Yorkshire closed after 10ft concrete blocks fall onto the road
- 15:48 Sir Alex Ferguson insists he is 'proud to have been a rival,...
- 15:48 Banned dangerous driver hit car in Mansfield
- 15:48 ‘Be Water Aware’ is the message as temperatures rise
- 15:47 Kirkby couple sentenced for bus shelter sex session
- 15:47 Meet the schoolgirl filmmaker and her canine camera star
- 15:47 Coppull author to read Reu The Rainbow Gnu in support of Reuben's...
- 15:46 ‘Be Water Aware’ is the message as temperatures rise
- 15:45 Thomasina Miers’ recipe for lentils with pancetta, goat’s curd and...
- 15:45 Cocktail of the week: Martello Hall's Little red door
- 15:45 Shop in town goes single-use plastic free
- 15:44 Arsene Wenger quits Arsenal: Who joins Thierry Henry in his best...
- 15:44 Arsenal expected XI: Arsene Wenger to go 4-3-3 against West Ham for...
- 15:44 PIERS MORGAN: I'm glad Wenger's going, but I'm also glad I can...
- 15:44 Chelsea expected XI: Who will make Antonio Conte’s 3-4-3 for FA Cup...
- 15:44 US court sentences former Liberian warlord to 30 years
- 15:44 Last Damascus rebels bombarded as Assad presses advantage in Syria