How online 'influencers' are changing the food industry
Five years ago, you had to have a couple of Michelin stars, your own TV show, or have concocted the next big food trend to earn a publishing deal that launched your new cookbook.
Now it's all about your followers on social media.
Thirteen-year-old Californian food blogger Chase Bailey - who has autism - has just written his first cookbook after gaining more than 200,000 views for his YouTube page, Chase 'N Yur Face.
His weekly posts see him cooking new recipes, working with established chefs and teaching his thousands of subscribers to cook soups and macaroni cheese dishes.
"Food... read more
- 15:44 US court sentences former Liberian warlord to 30 years
- 15:44 Last Damascus rebels bombarded as Assad presses advantage in Syria
- 15:44 Bristol hospital vows to improve training after death of teenager
- 15:43 Last days of Preston's former indoor market caught on camera
- 15:42 Doncaster Apprentice star returns to TV to tell of store's success...
- 15:42 A guide to nudist beaches in North Wales
- 15:40 Land Rovers put through their paces on muddy Grantham course
- 15:40 Papa John’s is selling a ‘cheeseburger pizza’
- 15:40 Annabel’s new role in BBC drama The Split
- 15:40 Express in New York for a 30th to remember
- 15:40 Students’ hopes to topple Yorkshire’s highest peaks
- 15:40 Pit banner parade to return after 30 years
- 15:40 Housebuilder gives baby unit a £1k donation
- 15:39 London Marathon's long love of fancy dress
- 15:39 Flood issues raised after heavy rainfall
- 15:39 Ballot open for action over Wigan hospital staff firm move
- 15:38 Dog festival at Prestwich's Heaton Park in aid of children's hospice
- 15:37 Prince Charles approved as next head of the Commonwealth
- 15:37 Mum who stabbed five-year-old son to death given indefinite...
- 15:37 Housebuilder gives baby unit a £1k donation
- 15:35 Motorbike rider in 'serious but stable' condition after A171 crash
- 15:35 Wells Fargo to pay $1bn in largest fine levied against a bank under...
- 15:35 Crafty pupils stub out cigarette litter
- 15:34 Pit banner parade to return after 30 years
- 15:34 Is it legal to smoke weed on 420?
- 15:33 Have you seen this missing Kettering man?
- 15:33 Vandals burn sundial with BBQ coals and smash bottles at Markfield...
- 15:33 Number of house fires in Northamptonshire drops
- 15:33 Sporting great Frank Bruno MBE special guest at Staverton fundraiser
- 15:30 Snow set to replace sizzling spring heatwave next week