How one boy's story helped 'cut living costs for disabled people'
A committed grandmother persuaded a retail giant to stock a range of affordable, easy-access clothes for children with disabilities.
Rita Kutt wrote to Marks and Spencer urging them to sell bigger popper vests suitable for youngsters like her grandson Caleb, who has cerebral palsy.
Now Mrs Kutt is being celebrated as an example to disabled people and their carers to be "bold and loud".
Disabled people face a premium of £550 a month on the cost of everyday items.
The Extra Costs Commission, launched by disability charity Scope, found that disability benefits failed to cover this... read more
- 11:36 Web shoppers warned over Facebook Marketplace fraud
- 11:36 Midlands home to highest number of classic cars in the UK
- 11:35 Derbyshire Times launches campaign to raise vital cancer care funds
- 11:35 Web shoppers warned over Facebook Marketplace fraud
- 11:35 Premier League Predictions: Man United beat Spurs, Chelsea...
- 11:35 REVEALED: Millions of pounds made from parking charges and fines in...
- 11:35 Whole community invited to Evening Mail's annual carol service
- 11:35 Dalton zoo gives youngsters chance to feed camels as part of...
- 11:35 Overnight road closure planned
- 11:35 Barrow community enjoys vintage afternoon tea event
- 11:34 Generous man says thank you to Northampton people for hundreds of...
- 11:34 Trading standards warn over illegally-imported puppies
- 11:34 Stabbing in Webster Street, Derby - our full report from the scene
- 11:34 Justice secretary praises our campaign calling for tougher...
- 11:34 Dramatic scenes as bungling car thieves crashed vehicle catches...
- 11:32 Film reviews: Hero or villain?
- 11:32 Bridge academies are falling down
- 11:32 The West’s policies towards Islamic countries backfire spectacularly
- 11:33 Christmas hair video tutorial: Here’s how to create a Christmas...
- 11:32 The elephant in the room
- 11:32 Hypocrisy over Saudi Arabia
- 11:32 World in brief: Friday December 9 2016
- 11:32 South Korea’s President Park faces impeachment charge
- 11:32 Assad: Winning Aleppo siege is a landmark moment
- 11:33 Campaign to build bridge over ‘danger bypass’ after accident
- 11:32 Southern strike is back on track
- 11:32 Anti-poverty group takes aim at CDC
- 11:32 Top judges wrap up Brexit hearing
- 11:32 Christmas comes early at South Tyneside’s newest visitor attraction
- 11:32 Justice secretary praises our campaign calling for tougher...