How one boy's story helped 'cut living costs for disabled people'
A committed grandmother persuaded a retail giant to stock a range of affordable, easy-access clothes for children with disabilities.
Rita Kutt wrote to Marks and Spencer urging them to sell bigger popper vests suitable for youngsters like her grandson Caleb, who has cerebral palsy.
Now Mrs Kutt is being celebrated as an example to disabled people and their carers to be "bold and loud".
Disabled people face a premium of £550 a month on the cost of everyday items.
The Extra Costs Commission, launched by disability charity Scope, found that disability benefits failed to cover this... read more
- 17:03 30,000 poppies surround the Lancaster in a breathtaking sea of red
- 17:03 Toys R Us is having a half term fancy dress party - with free...
- 17:03 Twitter users are summing up romance using just four words
- 17:03 'How on earth am I still conscious?' - Mountain biker breaks neck...
- 17:03 Controversial plans for cattle yard opposed by 19,000 people get...
- 17:03 Who joins Kante and Coutinho in Jamie Redknapp’s team of the weekend?
- 17:03 Watch the moment wanted man is pinned to floor of bank by cops in a...
- 17:01 When do the clocks go back?
- 17:00 Woman ‘poisoned colleagues’ coffee for months with cleaning products’
- 17:00 When do the clocks go back?
- 17:00 DJ Freejak hosts Valbon Halloween special in Hull
- 17:00 11 ‘micro-crimes’ you’ve probably committed
- 16:59 Promising judo star Jamie Death, 11, scoops gold at competition
- 16:59 Revolutionary new blood test for pregnant mothers 'may determine...
- 16:59 Could THIS be the end of MRSA? Scientists discover how the superbug...
- 16:59 Young pregnant women have HIGHER risk of stroke than older...
- 16:58 'Tornado' of starlings scoops top photography prize
- 16:58 Rangers need to stop kidding themselves that they are in any way...
- 16:57 Armed police attend court case of rival Appleby Horse Fair families
- 16:56 Melton open garden event attracts new faces from across the county
- 16:56 A woman who ate 9,000 chocolate bars a year has finally given them up
- 16:52 Duns do the business again as plucky Dunbar fight all the way
- 16:51 Dennis Greene to stay on as Boston United boss after positive talks...
- 16:50 Kevin Durant will play in Stephen Curry's kingdom but the duo can...
- 16:50 Lewis Hamilton insists he won't become fixated on Nico Rosberg...
- 16:50 Dave Seddon’s Big Match verdict
- 16:50 Jon Jones' doping scandal: Attorney claims tainted supplement...
- 16:49 CLASS OF 2016: Bourne Elsea Park Primary Academy
- 16:49 Popular Nottingham firm 200 Degrees to open fourth coffee shop with...
- 16:49 Road safety review for A60 after two youngsters injured in crashes