How much for a collection of teapots! Collection sells at auction for huge figure
A collection of 1,200 tea pots has been sold on Tyneside for £80,000 – four times the pre-sale estimate.
Enthusiasts at the Newcastle saleroom of auctioneers Anderson and Garland were joined by 125 online bidders from around the world for what was believed to be the biggest single collection of teapots to be sold at auction in the UK.
The teapots were amassed by Berwick architect Philip Miller, who died last year.
He began collecting after his wife Patricia bought him a teapot as a Christmas present in 1968.
He built up a first collection of 1,500 examples, which he later sold to Norwich... read more
- 10:01 Profit warning and apology to customers from group behind Southern...
- 10:01 Blackpool woman’s 20 years’ in business
- 10:01 Doctors' warning: Patients dying because our hospitals are 'jam-full'
- 10:01 Ten of Glasgow’s oldest buildings
- 10:01 Anger as one in six children miss out on secondary school places
- 10:01 How many players has each Premier League team used so far this season?
- 10:01 Pundit: Antonio Conte proved his class with these four expert...
- 10:01 Manolo Gabbiadini: Liverpool want to sign Southampton star next...
- 10:01 Minecraft helped to guide shootout movie Free Fire's set
- 10:01 Talking Horses: Willie Mullins’ Cheltenham team plus Tuesday tips
- 10:01 Parents warned about indecent images sent to children on apps and...
- 10:01 Dogs sniff out illegal cigarettes and tobacco in raids across...
- 10:00 Police appeal for dashcam footage after death of 14-year-old in...
- 10:00 Apprentices get unique chance to work on BBMF
- 10:00 Dawn raids in Cheshire on drugs ring which saw county as an 'easy...
- 09:59 Delays in Burton due to reports of accident
- 09:59 Huge apprenticeship exhibition heading to Sheffield
- 09:59 Police warning after attempted burglary
- 09:59 Man attacked by would-be robbers
- 09:59 Aramco's Malaysia deal gives Saudis upper hand in fight for Asia...
- 09:58 Hugill’s hands-on approach
- 09:58 Wenger rejects multi-million pound offer?
- 09:58 Gillian’s new career takes off
- 09:58 Black Country MP Tom Watson urges Jeremy Corbyn's supporters to...
- 09:58 Worrying levels of alleged home care abuse against elderly and...
- 09:58 Holy Island car park is put on the market
- 09:57 YP Comment: Region’s needs must be heard
- 09:58 Video: What's been handed in as gun and knife amnesty continues...
- 09:57 YP Comment: Veteran MP’s long commitment
- 09:58 Oops-a-daisy, me duck... Leicester loco’s leap day