How many Euros do I get for the pound? Holidaymakers warned as pound slumps
Holidaymakers planning a cheap winter getaway to Europe will be sad to learn that the majority of UK airports are now exchanging less than one euro to the pound.
The continued fall in sterling’s value since Brexit means that the average rate available at 17 airport bureaux de change is now just 99 euro cents to the pound.
At Newcastle Airport the rate was a little better at €1.08 on Tuesday but long gone are the days of the early noughties when a pound bought €1.70.
The worst exchange rate is currently 88 euro cents at Moneycorp at Southampton airport.
And depressingly, the dollar – which... read more
- 08:10 Wossobama Gym star Ashley Beattie will fight Victoria Lomax for...
- 08:09 Stoke City news and transfer rumours LIVE: Bojan gets second...
- 08:07 Avebury neolithic 'stone square circle' discovered
- 08:06 All sold out at Warwick's newest business park
- 08:06 Village waste operator prosecuted for planning offences
- 08:06 BT auditing under investigation
- 08:06 This is the country where most Brits are being arrested
- 08:05 Ashraf’s efforts prove in vain for Cleckheaton
- 08:05 Model Sonny Turner sums up the struggle of shopping for a bikini as...
- 08:04 Which Premier League stadium sees the highest yearly rainfall?
- 08:04 Trespass warning as police name boy who died at DIRFT
- 08:04 British and Irish Lions captain Sam Warburton calls for a response...
- 08:03 Value of George Formby ukulele shows the importance of musical history
- 08:01 South Yorkshire Police 'thrown under the bus' over tree-felling...
- 08:00 Melton schools receive special anti-bullying awards
- 08:00 Reduction in opening times at Northumberland police stations
- 07:59 John Wood Group sees weak first half on fewer projects
- 07:58 Rare tree voted second best in England to be felled
- 07:58 Final day at Duns Primary after almost 130 years of education
- 07:56 Arsenal to try improved Thomas Lemar transfer bid as Arsene Wenger...
- 07:55 Barrow man charged with terrorism offence
- 07:55 British tourist fighting for life after plunging from hotel balcony...
- 07:55 Ayr boy Sean Strickland gets call to Rangers School of Football
- 07:55 British and Irish Lions train in Wellington ahead of win-or-bust...
- 07:52 Covestro vows to cash out to shareholders if no takeover on cards
- 07:52 UK regulator to investigate PWC's audits of BT after Italian scandal
- 07:51 Gateway to Gleneagles
- 07:51 Art owned by Kirklees Council has increased in value by £12m
- 07:50 Wardlaw and Khan steer Moor to Hampshire Cup quarter-finals
- 07:48 SIMON LAMBERT: Do you care what your fund charges? There's a big...