How many Clare's Law requests are approved by West Yorkshire Police?
Police in West Yorkshire refused three-quarters of all disclosure requests from people concerned about their partner’s potentially violent past, a new analysis has revealed. The force approved just 25 per cent of all ‘right to ask’ requests made under Clare’s Law in the year to June 2017, while rates elsewhere ranged from seven to 76 per cent.
Officially called the Domestic Violence Disclosure Scheme, the law gives people the right to ask police whether their partner has a history of domestic violence or violent acts.
It also gives authorities the power to decide that someone who did not... read more
- 09:52 Editor's letter: How your Harrogate Advertiser website is changing
- 09:52 PLASTIC CAMPAIGN: Lancaster and Morecambe businesses ditch the plastic
- 09:51 Thousands of grandparents are missing out on this Government money
- 09:50 Retail sales grow faster than expected in February
- 09:50 Why Adama Traore could come back to haunt Aston Villa
- 09:50 Reading next manager odds: Overwhelming favourite emerges to...
- 09:50 Plans lodged for new Rokeby school building
- 09:49 Welfare cheat illegally claimed over £4k after failing to declare a...
- 09:49 58 all out: England humiliated on first day of Test in New Zealand
- 09:49 Curiosity rover: 2,000 days on Mars
- 09:49 Instagram ‘influencers’ can flog stuff all day – but it’s weird...
- 09:48 Engineering new metal business
- 09:48 Trevor Bayliss lays into England flops after New Zealand skittle...
- 09:47 Wigan's Week In Court
- 09:47 Ooh la la! A hoppy twinning project for Wigan
- 09:47 Evacuee in Wigan learned to love lobscowse
- 09:46 Welfare cheat illegally claimed over £4k after failing to declare a...
- 09:46 Company scoops top award for third time
- 09:46 West Brom players were in tears after Bournemouth loss, admits...
- 09:46 Seaham Hall shortlisted for national tourism accolade
- 09:45 Two lads seen in Barrow 'are still missing' say police
- 09:45 £2.5m plans revealed to transform entrance to Whitehaven
- 09:45 Thousands of public sector workers go on strike across France
- 09:45 Post-Brexit passports ‘to be made in France’
- 09:44 Potholes: Is this the worst road in Harborough?
- 09:44 Axholme Bridleways Association clears up East Lound path
- 09:44 Woman targeted by robber in Doncaster street
- 09:44 Mail Memories: When Symington were top, top, top, top, top of the...
- 09:44 Welfare cheat illegally claimed over £4k after failing to declare a...
- 09:44 Middle class families who hire private tutors to help get their...