How does your area rate for medical blunders? Map shows the worst places for misdiagnosis as it’s revealed the NHS has paid over a BILLION pounds in claims in six years
The NHS has had to pay out a staggering £1 billion pounds in damages for misdiagnoses over the past six years – the amount it would cost to train 4,453 new doctors.
It had a total of 7,629 successful claims brought against it in England during this period and was forced to cough up £1.024bn, according to figures obtained from a Freedom of Information request.
The largest spike was seen in 2016/2017 when there were 1,534 awards – a rise of 28 per cent from 1,199 claims the previous year.
Across the six-year period, there was a 22 per cent increase in total.
However, while the number of... read more
- 10:45 Design for Life: Natural settings belong to us all
- 10:44 Measles WARNING: Dr Chris urges parents to get children vaccinated...
- 10:44 What is World Thinking Day and what should I think about today?
- 10:44 REV RON GREENALL: Tall stories from Lancashire but always true
- 10:44 Don't strike the wrong note with musical antiques
- 10:44 Founder of Bitcoin cryptocurrency exchange BitFunder arrested...
- 10:44 North Korean cheerleader accidentally clapped during American...
- 10:44 Woman, 42, who complained of severe bloating discovers SURGICAL...
- 10:43 North Korean cheerleader filmed clapping for AMERICA at Winter...
- 10:43 Liam Gallagher attends same Brits party as the daughter he’s...
- 10:43 Erewash council push to privatise leisure centres criticised by Labour
- 10:42 Doncaster Voices: How important is town’s racecourse to economy?
- 10:41 Bombs continue to pound eastern Ghouta as UN pleads for ceasefire
- 10:41 Net migration of EU nationals to Britain falls by 75,000
- 10:41 MEPs call for power to tackle 'vexatious lawsuits' targeting...
- 10:41 McDonald’s is bringing ‘Rick and Morty Szechuan sauce’ back with 20...
- 10:41 Pound v US dollar: Sterling falls after surprise downwards revision...
- 10:41 Murder arrest after body is found on the M20
- 10:41 Sergio Ramos presented with special shirt by his team-mates after...
- 10:41 Blackpool: From the courts 22-02-18
- 10:41 Burton Albion among 72 EFL clubs set to vote on closing summer...
- 10:41 Manchester United dressing room 'had doubts' about David de Gea...
- 10:37 Sir Terence Conran designs exclusive bed frame for Bensons for Beds
- 10:41 REV RON GREENALL: Tall stories from Lancashire but always true
- 10:41 David Baddiel on comedy, books and the trouble with dad
- 10:41 Julie Elliott MP: Change in organ donation law will save lives
- 10:41 Dewsbury youth group provide crime-battling leaflet service
- 10:41 Man denied white powder was cocaine
- 10:41 “Pragmateer” Boles calls for Brexit “compromise”
- 10:37 East Northants food outlets highlighted for healthy eating options