How did Anthony Foley die? Munster coach found dead after ‘suspected heart attack’
The Munster head coach was found dead in his hotel room in Paris yesterday. He was just 42.
Munster issued a statement announcing Foley’s passing yesterday afternoon.
The cause of his death was not officially confirmed but the Irish Daily Mail report he is suspected of suffering a heart attack.
Foley was found dead in his hotel room after failing to turn up to a team meeting ahead of a European Champions Cup clash with Racing 92.
The game was duly postponed as a mark of respect, with tributes soon pouring in for the popular Foley from Ireland and beyond.
Former New Zealand outside-half Dan... read more
- 08:30 Hibs and Hearts get ready to do battle in Scottish Cup replay and...
- 08:30 80mph winds expected to hit Britain as Storm Doris arrives
- 08:30 Force India confirm driver line-up ahead of 2017 F1 car launch
- 08:27 Britain's McBride sees challenging second half, keeps FY outlook
- 08:27 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 08:26 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 08:26 The Hoosiers and Toploader headline Tidal Waves Beach Festival at...
- 08:26 Twenty-year-old Bethany set to release fourth book in two years
- 08:26 The morning news headlines: Door won't shut on EU migrant workers -...
- 08:26 80mph winds expected to hit Britain as Storm Doris arrives
- 08:25 Drug needles found in Sheffield street
- 08:25 Jim Duffy: Searching for that spark of leadership
- 08:24 Letter: How much longer do taxpayers have to be at bottom of the list?
- 08:25 Kei Nishikori stunned at Rio Open by Thomaz Bellucci
- 08:24 Tipping point: Is fly-tipping getting out of control in Shropshire?
- 08:25 Angela Merkel facing election threat in head-to-head with former EU...
- 08:24 Prostate cancer: Ex-boxer Richie Woodhall urges Shropshire men to...
- 08:24 Van crash driver from Shrewsbury more than twice the drink-drive limit
- 08:24 Time to Bring on the Bride - could you star in new TV show?
- 08:24 Shropshire Council leader defends councillors' £11,500 alllowances
- 08:24 The morning news headlines: Door won't shut on EU migrant workers -...
- 08:24 Red light cameras for Telford's problem Trench Lock interchange
- 08:24 Obese men last 1 minute and 30 seconds longer in bed – here’s why
- 08:24 80mph winds expected to hit Britain as Storm Doris arrives
- 08:24 Shropshire's most deadly roads: Map highlights county's crash hotspots
- 08:23 EastEnders viewers OUTRAGED as they spot major Queen Vic collapse...
- 08:23 Jo Cox’s heartbroken husband admits anguish of MP’s death ‘still...
- 08:23 The morning news headlines: Door won't shut on EU migrant workers -...
- 08:23 Radical plans for healthcare overhaul to plug £400m black hole
- 08:23 Fallout over conference's 'all-male panel'