How COMPUTERS are helping people with stroke-induced blindness to see: Treatment improves movement and 'strengthens eyes within weeks'
A new treatment is helping people with stroke-induced blindness achieve major improvements in their vision.
Loss of sight due to a brain injury, usually from stroke, affects around a third of stroke survivors.
The damage caused by a stroke impacts on the visual pathways of the eye which can result in blurry vision, double vision and difficulties processing visual information.
Now researchers have developed a new computer-based treatment designed to improve speed and effectiveness of eye movements to help compensate for this vision loss.
Scientists behind the treatment said it gets results... read more
- 18:15 Blitz on burglary suspects in Northumberland and North Tyneside
- 18:14 GUILTY: Fleetwood man murdered his baby girl
- 18:14 ‘Even though Daisy has gone, she will never be forgotten. She will...
- 18:14 Cannabis farm uncovered at remote Cumbrian bungalow
- 18:14 Man denies insurance fraud
- 18:13 'I had to quit my job and do something to help people': One woman's...
- 18:13 Ronda Rousey ran from fighting Holly Holm again in the UFC after...
- 18:13 Car crashes into houses
- 18:12 Sir Alex Ferguson: This is my biggest regret from 27 years at...
- 18:12 Wolves next manager odds: Marco Silva and Sam Allardyce lead the way
- 18:12 Tractor driver dies as vehicle leaves road and hits shed at airfield
- 18:11 Students ‘riot’ during ‘pi**y’ themed night out
- 18:10 Traffic delays expected on A6 in Derby during rush hour
- 18:10 Traditional tales kept children at Grange Street Infants' School in...
- 18:10 Vital work to take place at Chesterfield car park
- 18:10 VIDEO: Halloween ghost stories from a Nottinghamshire landmark
- 18:09 Morecambe dad’s £45K mission to fight MS
- 18:09 Teenager who vanished is found tied to a bed in his Dad’s basement...
- 18:09 Manchester United boss Mourinho says life in the city is 'a disaster'
- 18:09 Guardiola identifies how Man City can improve significantly
- 18:09 Manchester United defender Eric Bailly out injured for two months
- 18:08 Event at hall launches county career college
- 18:08 First pictures of Dreamworld accident victims as devastated mum...
- 18:08 Torpedo stuffed with £4.5m worth of 'Playboy' cocaine washes up on...
- 18:08 Two-car crash on A46 at Ratcliffe
- 18:08 New Wrexham AFC manager wants to see team climb the National League...
- 18:05 Gorre hits a hat-trick as Cobblers Reserves win nine-goal thriller...
- 18:05 Obese mothers are 'more likely to have children with ADHD, sleeping...
- 18:04 Gary Caldwell sacked by Wigan
- 18:03 HSBC defends Holmfirth branch closure