How a smart meter installation cost one Huddersfield couple their cooker
A couple got a nasty shock when they had a smart meter installed – and their gas cooker was condemned in the process.
David and Conise Lockwood, of Mount, said other householders needed to be aware that their gas appliances will be inspected when an engineer calls to fit the new-style meters – and that an appliance such as gas fire, cooker or boiler could be “capped off” on the spot if it was deemed faulty.
Mr Lockwood said the couple had arranged for British Gas to replace their existing meter with a smart meter – but while he was there, the engineer condemned their 22-year-old Rangemaster... read more
- 15:30 Troy: Fall of a City: Who was King Priam? Was the Trojan king real?
- 15:30 Stand down – Ed Sheeran isn’t married despite wearing ‘wedding ring’
- 15:30 ‘When I think about him touching me, my flesh crawls’ Worksop man...
- 15:30 Welcome to Halifax: 'The Shoreditch of the North'
- 15:30 Mansfield man’s “terrifying” attack on ex-partner
- 15:29 Mansfield man’s “terrifying” attack on ex-partner
- 15:29 Agent admits Manchester United target Jorginho could leave Napoli
- 15:29 Victor Lindelof 'wants reassurances from Jose Mourinho over his...
- 15:29 Derbyshire man charged with the robbery of a 12-year-old girl
- 15:28 RAF Tornado's night flight pictured over Leeds
- 15:28 MPs endorse Labour council candidate who claimed ISIS doesn't exist
- 15:28 Travellers finally move on from Ellesmere Port Sports Village car park
- 15:25 RAF Tornado's night flight pictured over Leeds
- 15:25 Jeremy Wright MP urging Home Office to change mind on cannabis...
- 15:24 Five ways your local pharmacy can help your child 'stay well'
- 15:24 Derbyshire man charged with the robbery of a 12-year-old girl
- 15:24 Whitehaven Town Council to debate extreme protection measures
- 15:23 Lost Broadway songs make the stage at last
- 15:23 New driver jailed after crash caused death of two women from Spalding
- 15:22 Woman dies after nine-hour ambulance wait
- 15:22 Rail commuter who lost legs in fall has £1.9m claim rejected
- 15:22 What is the Windsor hum and is it really US Steel’s fault?
- 15:22 Samsung Galaxy S9 smartphone images leaked by MWC app
- 15:21 M62 Ainley Top shooting trial delayed by seven more months
- 15:21 In pictures: 140 years of Sheffield’s Salvation Army
- 15:21 Man fined £3,000 for having branches cut off a tree in Loughborough
- 15:19 Derbyshire man charged with the robbery of a 12-year-old girl
- 15:18 Real Madrid star Toni Kroos wants to join Manchester United with...
- 15:18 Winter Olympics 2018: Do Olympians get paid for winning medals? How...
- 15:18 Roger Federer’s father makes shock claim about Rafael Nadal as...