How a happy childhood sets you up for life: A good home environment fuels stronger marriages six decades later
Growing up in a happy family could have longer lasting impacts than ever imagined.
New research suggests that people from happy homes are more likely to have a secure romantic relationship in their 80s.
The findings highlight the life-long effects of childhood experience and emphasize the importance of prioritising the wellbeing of children.
A SIXTY YEAR STUDY The researchers looked at data from 81 men - 51 of who went to Harvard College, and 30 of who were part of the inner-city Boston cohort.
The men were given regular interviews and questionnaires through the course of the sixty year... read more
- 12:32 Oven fire in Holbeach St Marks
- 12:31 First picture of murdered Paul Millea as devastated family pay tribute
- 12:31 Big-hearted Sheffield community rallies to support food bank hit by...
- 12:31 Police dog Quinn earns her licence to patrol the streets
- 12:31 Don’t get tripped up this winter
- 12:31 Second CCTV patrol car to be deployed to schools to stop dangerous...
- 12:31 Child rapist from Leeds sent child Facebook messages and made him...
- 12:30 Animal Magic: Is your festive pet pic cuter than this?
- 12:30 What a mucky pup! Hilarious moment golden retriever dives in the...
- 12:29 Air ambulance alerted to motorway smash in South Yorkshire
- 12:29 Man exposed himself to teenage girl
- 12:28 Animal Magic: Is your festive pet pic cuter than this?
- 12:28 Katie Price tells shocked Holly Willoughby she’s losing too...
- 12:28 Festive changes to Lancaster City Council services and facilities
- 12:28 High blood pressure warning: THIS causes your levels to SPIKE...
- 12:28 'Suspicious' man invites girl, 12, into bushes in Bransholme
- 12:28 It’s not all about me, insists under-pressure Middlesbrough boss...
- 12:27 Animal Magic: Is your festive pet pic cuter than this?
- 12:27 Church packed for hometown festive concert
- 12:26 Copies of Meghan Markle’s engagement ring banned by jeweller who...
- 12:25 EastEnders star Scott Maslen praises boss John Yorke and says the...
- 12:24 Funeral of Dawson Willcock announced
- 12:24 Animal Magic: Is your festive pet pic cuter than this?
- 12:23 World War 3: North Korea must increase ‘quantity and quality’ of...
- 12:23 Full moons can increase likelihood of fatal motor bike crashes
- 12:23 Enormous televisions and reclining chairs recommended in fight...
- 12:23 30 dogs die of heat stroke and suffocation after being left in a...
- 12:23 Labour MP Clive Lewis cleared of groping woman at party conference
- 12:23 Manchester United press conference LIVE Jose Mourinho updates ahead...
- 12:22 What you said about Monday morning's Metro delays