Houses dating back to the Victorian era demolished ahead of plans for new shops, cafe and takeaway
Four houses dating back to the Victorian era have been demolished to pave the way for new shops, a cafe and a takeaway on a site in Burton.
Proposals have been drawn up for the new development on land off Horninglow Road North close to the Nisa store.
Now the houses, dating back to the mid-1880s, have been demolished.
Plans for the new units were submitted by Burton firm Element Properties to the planning authority East Staffordshire Borough Council on December 14, and made available to the public to view this month.
The scheme includes a proposal to build a shop, a financial and... read more
- 09:22 Matt Jansen: Walker exit was my hardest call
- 09:21 Kenilworth Scout group inviting old members to join 75th...
- 09:20 Vet’s pole dancing routine with her dog deemed too racy for local...
- 09:19 Fox and Hounds back open as a pub after 13 years
- 09:19 Goldsborough’s Fox and Hounds back open as country pub
- 09:18 Maurizio Sarri’s representative breaks silence on ‘offer’ from Chelsea
- 09:18 Fun Run: Lancashire charity helping bereaved parents raises £8,000
- 09:17 Renew says work on Palace of Westminster is progressing well
- 09:16 Dog becomes adopted parent to nine ducklings
- 09:15 Gianluigi Donnarumma to Liverpool: ‘£35m plus player’ bid lined up...
- 09:15 Unai Emery: New Arsenal manager branded Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho...
- 09:12 Lane blockage and double lorry smash on motorway
- 09:12 Trekkers have a mountain to climb to help children's hospice charity
- 09:12 Home affairs boss accused of 'cover up' in Peter Dutton au pair case
- 09:11 Body found in search for missing Doncaster man
- 09:10 St Mary’s Church hosting children’s workshop during Warwick Festival
- 09:10 Why is the bee a symbol of Manchester?
- 09:10 Departing Kenilworth mayor presents cheques to charities
- 09:09 Harry Kane confirmed as England’s captain for the World Cup
- 09:08 Tesco to remove 'confusing' best-before labels from fruit and...
- 09:07 Princess Beatrice looks surprised among floral-printed bouncers
- 09:07 Peaky Blinders writer reveals the Birmingham City star he'd most...
- 09:07 Where you’re from will determine what university course you’re...
- 09:07 Tollbar CEO: ‘East Lindsey should congratulate us for investing in...
- 09:07 Liverpool news: Daniel Sturridge responds to reported fall out with...
- 09:07 Shares jump on report China could scrap birth limits
- 09:05 Louth CC: First XI beaten at Woodhall Spa
- 09:04 Police hunt driver after 'hit-and-run' in Preston
- 09:04 Government wants to open mystery fund set up in 1928 to help tackle...
- 09:04 WATCH: Rio Ferdinand says England have 'no chance' of winning the...