House prices rising less than six months ago, survey shows
House prices are now increasing at around half the yearly rate they were six months ago, according to an index.
Property values in September were up by 5.8% annually, marking a cooldown compared with a 10% rate of annual price growth recorded just six months earlier, in March.
Halifax, which released the figures, said September's 5.8% yearly growth rate was the weakest recorded since August 2013.
On a monthly basis, prices edged up by 0.1% in September, following two months of price falls. The average UK house price in September was £214,024.
Martin Ellis, a housing economist at Halifax,... read more
- 17:19 Daughter's heartbreaking letter after dad Mark Barlow dies in crash
- 17:18 Jura island course creator has designs on golf conference
- 17:17 When do you need to spend your old fivers by?
- 17:17 Swiss watchmakers cautiously optimistic for U.S., China in 2017
- 17:16 Nico Rosberg claims Valtteri Bottas is a 'great solution' to...
- 17:16 Top tips if you’re heading to the slopes this season
- 17:15 Horsefair Street bus lane: More than 300 drivers were caught...
- 17:14 Avian flu found in second 6,000 bird strong flock of turkeys in...
- 17:14 Report highlights college’s success
- 17:14 Sheffield man's night of drinking with friend ended in 'terrifying'...
- 17:13 Birmingham City transfers: Gianfranco Zola set for double defender...
- 17:13 Why Aston Villa might as well start engraving their...
- 17:13 Aston Villa, Birmingham City, Wolves: The odds on who will finish...
- 17:13 Cohen Bramall rates his Arsenal debut after Under-23s appearance
- 17:13 Conor McGregor's Manchester black tie event to be streamed live on...
- 17:13 Chelsea ace speaks out after signing deal: I am very happy, it's...
- 17:12 16 global beach festivals you have to visit in 2017
- 17:11 Britain's FTSE falls most since June 2016 after PM May's Brexit speech
- 17:11 Gambia's President Jammeh declares state of emergency
- 17:11 Cats Protection charity shop in Morecambe shuts down
- 17:11 Chairs will give dads of newborns a place to rest at Warwick Hospital
- 17:11 Nigerian air force kills civilians by accident in northeastern...
- 17:11 Council tax rise planned for Calderdale residents
- 17:10 Man and wife councillors received a court summons over £700 unpaid...
- 17:09 Identity of fatal house fire victim is revealed by coroner’s office
- 17:09 Manchester United winning the FA Cup was the biggest achievement of...
- 17:09 State of emergency declared in The Gambia
- 17:09 Rape victims' champion who made legal history to be laid to rest in...
- 17:09 Hunt for Ben Geraghty wanted after string of violent crimes in Hull
- 17:09 The seven things Hull learnt from Theresa May's Brexit speech