House prices holding steady since Brexit vote but property inflation is tipped to tail off in soft market
House price inflation is forecast to continue tailing off as the property market softens, with Halifax revealing today that annual gains had slipped to 5.8 per cent.
This is down from a 12-month high of 10 per cent, recorded in March this year, although Halifax showed house prices nudged up 0.1 per cent in September after two months of falls.
Property values since the EU referendum held in June have remained broadly flat, with the average home standing at £214,024. At £2,702 less than in June, this a fall of 1.5 per cent.
On an annual basis, the rate of inflation in September was 5.8 per... read more
- 13:33 Woman sentenced for leaving elderly mother in a chair for a year
- 13:31 Crash drink-driver fell over after she arrived at care home to...
- 13:31 Chelsea news: Conte to Arsenal claim, Blues in for Martial, Klopp...
- 13:30 BTS land two entries in top 100 greatest boyband songs
- 13:30 Leeds hospices’ 40 anniversaries: 40 fundraising ideas to pay...
- 13:30 Revealed: The films that captured Leeds on the big screen
- 13:30 Burglars cut through shutter to steal from Harrogate town centre shop
- 13:30 Woman found used condom ‘with dark hairs attached’ in her Tesco kale
- 13:27 M6 crash: Car hits Highways England vehicle attending breakdown
- 13:26 Second air ambulance for Scotland planned
- 13:26 Theatr Clwyd welcomes touring production of A Midsummer Night's Dream
- 13:26 Specialist recruiter to grow own ranks
- 13:25 Raunds Music Festival is back with a bang
- 13:25 Inquests opened into death of couple struck by train in Doncaster
- 13:25 Cruel daughter left elderly mother sitting in a chair for a year...
- 13:25 John Terry breaks his silence on his Aston Villa future
- 13:25 ' I hope this continues for years' - Wolves star Conor Coady looks...
- 13:24 Burglars cut through shutter to steal from Harrogate town centre shop
- 13:24 Fran Kirby named Football Writers’ Women’s Footballer of the Year
- 13:23 Inquests opened into death of couple struck by train in Doncaster
- 13:19 Katherine Jenkins announces birth of second child
- 13:19 University lecturers on the breadline: is the UK following in...
- 13:17 Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois being involved in leaks by...
- 13:17 South Africa legend Bryan Habana announces retirement with...
- 13:17 Art review: Shonky: The Aesthetics of Awkwardness, Dundee...
- 13:15 Sir Alex Ferguson targeted three new signings before his Manchester...
- 13:14 Police pursuit on A64 in North Yorkshire ends with arrest of two...
- 13:14 Transfer rumour: Loanee set to stay at Aston Villa for another season
- 13:13 Ponte Pirates marks birthday with a new kit
- 13:13 Liverpool have one player Roma fear MORE than Mo Salah – journalist