House price growth slows, says Nationwide, but 'remains in range'
September saw a slowing in house price growth, says the Nationwide, "though it remained within the range of 3% to 6% that has prevailed since early 2015".
The building society said prices climbed 0.3% compared to August, making the average cost of a home £206,015.
Prices in September were 5.3% higher than a year earlier, compared with 5.6% in August.
"The number of homes on the market has remained close to all-time lows," said the Nationwide.
"The relative stability in the rate of house price growth suggests that the softening in housing demand evident in recent... read more
- 13:28 Eight-year-old Saffie Rose Roussos confirmed as dead in Manchester...
- 13:27 Doncaster sexual health and HIV services are moving near the town...
- 13:27 Canal Street roadworks get underway
- 13:27 Company climate risk disclosure could become mandatory in a few years
- 13:27 Book of condolence opens at Nottingham Cathedral for Manchester...
- 13:27 Mum hits out at school bans on fidget spinners
- 13:26 Preservation day aims to revive region’s threatened meadows
- 13:26 BREAKING NEWS: Two Northampton 20-year-olds killed in collision
- 13:26 Northampton mum issues warning to other parents after son is...
- 13:25 Man City player Leroy Sane to undergo operation
- 13:25 Manchester United Europa League final training squad revealed
- 13:24 Mum hits out at school bans on fidget spinners
- 13:24 Man, 23, held over Manchester terror attack which killed 22 and...
- 13:22 Four teenagers are arrested after 'nasty' attack on homeless man
- 13:22 Burglary suspect released
- 13:22 Just ACT to help counter terrorism
- 13:22 Sponsored walk is a step in right direction
- 13:23 Man, 23, held over Manchester terror attack which killed 22 and...
- 13:22 Action taken on dementia
- 13:23 School prays for bomb victim Georgina
- 13:22 Unexpected road closure
- 13:22 Cops smash drug empire of kingpin
- 13:21 Ajax starlet Justin Kluivert aiming to emulate dad Patrick by...
- 13:22 Nato hit by Turkish veto on Austria partnership
- 13:22 Manchester Terror Attack: Sheffield Arena 'heightening security'...
- 13:21 Former Barcelona president Sandro Rosell arrested as part of...
- 13:22 Two Harrogate students injured in Manchester terror attack
- 13:21 Netflix viewers like breakfast comedy, lunchtime drama and a...
- 13:21 Party's FINALLY over in Magaluf with nightlife noise restrictions...
- 13:21 Manchester United's Ed Woodward sends email to staff after city...