House of Fraser leaves rival Next licking its wounds after posting a healthy 2.7% sales rise over Christmas
A Black Friday online boost helped lift sales over the festive period at department store chain House of Fraser.
The retailer, which has 59 stores across the UK and Ireland, posted sales up 2.7 per cent over the six weeks to the end of December after a 'very strong' online performance across its six-day Black Friday event in November.
Website trade accounted for 41 per cent of Black Friday sales, while the group also saw record trading over the key two weeks to New Year's Eve.
Its sales rise marks a rapid turnaround for the group after it warned over high street conditions in September,... read more
- 11:40 Jeremy Hunt calls for investigation into overnight closure of...
- 11:40 Storm Doris develops into ‘Weather Bomb’ say Met Office officials
- 11:40 Storm Doris leaves fallen trees blocking Boston roads
- 11:40 Derby County: Aston Villa's weekend opponents under the microscope
- 11:39 High winds cause speed restriction on Scarborough trains
- 11:39 Storm Doris: Can I claim compensation for a delayed flight?
- 11:39 ALERT: Public urged to unplug EXPLODING tumble dryers
- 11:39 VIDEO: The calm before Storm Doris
- 11:39 Frustrations increasing over travellers in Warwick
- 11:39 National Express raises free cash flow outlook on international demand
- 11:39 Eight dead and 20 injured after bombing in Pakistan shopping centre
- 11:39 Spanish club offers women free entry, drink & £85 if they go...
- 11:38 #FlyDSA: “My house to Paris in just three hours - I was amazed!”
- 11:38 Time extension for Pavilion Gardens marquee
- 11:38 Man arrested after two women stabbed in Huddersfield
- 11:38 Storm Doris develops into ‘Weather Bomb’ say Met Office officials
- 11:37 Health Column: Time to protest as Government is turning blind eye...
- 11:37 Router hacker suspect arrested at Luton Airport
- 11:37 What’s On around Harrogate: Your listings guide for the week ahead
- 11:37 Love a man in uniform? Not if you live in Burnley
- 11:37 Storm Doris develops into ‘Weather Bomb’ say Met Office officials
- 11:37 Burnley has been "misled and let down" by the Government
- 11:37 Safety warning issued over leaking gas hobs
- 11:37 HS2 high-speed rail project passes final hurdle
- 11:37 Man arrested after two women stabbed in Huddersfield
- 11:36 Brits are ditching their polite reputation to become excellent...
- 11:35 Police welfare a priority insist force bosses
- 11:36 EXCLUSIVE: Ronda Rousey has nothing to be ashamed of - Bellator...
- 11:35 If you’re having a crap morning, just look at these polar bear babies
- 11:35 Shadow Housing Minister’s pledge for more affordable homes in...