House fire in Stratford
A 34-year woman was treated for smoke inhalation following a house fire in Stratford yesterday afternoon (Monday).
The blaze occurred at around 5.30pm in the rear bedroom of a two storey house in Meadow Lea and caused significant damage to the property.
One fire engine from Stratford and another from Alcester attended the scene with officers entering the property wearing breathing apparatus and extinguishing the fire using a hose reel jet.
One casualty had suffered minor smoke inhalation in the fire and was treated by members of the ambulance service.
She was assessed at the scene and did... read more
- 10:18 Fairground worker given longer prison term for child abuse
- 10:17 Horton Treatment Centre to host recruitment drive
- 10:16 Real Madrid ace Cristiano Ronaldo holds meeting with Florentino...
- 10:15 Lewis Hamilton to 'take a knee' during national anthem at US Grand...
- 10:15 Chelsea news: Radja Nainggolan hints at future Blues transfer after...
- 10:15 Liverpool news: Coach reveals Sadio Mane injury boost, Chelsea...
- 10:15 Justin Thomas makes lightning start in CJ Cup @ Nine Bridges with...
- 10:15 Tom Jones: Abuse and harassment 'common' in music industry as well...
- 10:15 Lindsay Logan says she was abused by ex-fiancée
- 10:15 Man in court over Lancaster Uni laptop thefts
- 10:15 Selfie-taking chocolate bunnies are coming this Easter
- 10:15 Man stabbed in neck in Tamworth
- 10:15 Updates: Industrial estate sealed off after man stabbed in neck
- 10:15 Teenage striker having trial at West Brom, manager confirms
- 10:14 Chamber music: Marvellous Mozart - Stephen Joseph Theatre
- 10:14 Booze-fuelled thug attacked partner before trying to strangle...
- 10:14 Royal Albert Drive car stunt costs taxpayers £52,000
- 10:14 MP pushes for better coverage from mobile phone operators
- 10:12 Boarded up town centre house could be bulldozed to make way for flats
- 10:12 Malta journalist Daphne Galizia's sons reject million euro reward
- 10:12 Revealed: Opening date for Caffè Nero in Louth
- 10:11 Mytholmroyd man awarded for community work after Boxing Day floods
- 10:11 Parking Eye withdraws from Worksop’s Priory Shopping Centre
- 10:10 Carnage as millionaire's daughter kills six after ramming into...
- 10:10 Mytholmroyd man awarded for community work after Boxing Day floods
- 10:09 Fly-tipping costs taxpayers £58m in clean-up costs
- 10:09 Parking Eye withdraws from Worksop’s Priory Shopping Centre
- 10:08 Brewers Talk: is the time now for Burton Albion's first away win of...
- 10:07 I see TWOO! Incredibly rare British Ino owl with ghostly white...
- 10:07 Passenger is suing an airline because he was given sparkling wine...