Hotel Chocolat is selling more 'hedonistic' treats
This Christmas, instead of a luxury hamper, you may find a 'hedonistic' box of chocolates arriving at home or at work.
The co-founder of Hotel Chocolat says the company's push to increase online gift-giving is paying off.
He thinks in uncertain economic times some people will swap more extravagant presents for his firm's products.
The company's first set of results since its shares were sold publically in May suggest he may well be right.
Customers bought £91.1m of chocolate from the luxury chain in the year to the end of June 2016, 12% more than in the previous year. Online sales rose 20%.... read more
- 10:11 ECB chief economist warns Brexit impact could turn nasty
- 10:11 Barclays reports surprise capital boost as legal costs loom
- 10:11 British man accused of masterminding German cyber attack
- 10:10 Fourth teenager charged over street shooting
- 10:10 Storm Doris: What is a weather bomb?
- 10:10 Louth councillor slams BNP leaflets as ‘disgusting’
- 10:10 Mablethorpe Seal Sanctuary education room re-opens
- 10:10 Advice issued on protecting yourself and property as Storm Doris...
- 10:09 Chelsea v Swansea: Win a pair of tickets to this Premier League...
- 10:09 Arsene Wenger has been brilliant for Arsenal... but they’ve been...
- 10:09 Motorcyclist dies after crash in Bottesford
- 10:09 Starbucks is bringing fancy Nitro Cold Brew Coffee to their UK stores
- 10:09 1,000,000 people watch home movie recreation of The Moorside
- 10:08 West Ham boss Slaven Bilic makes HUGE claim about star striker Andy...
- 10:08 Man United star set for hefty cash bonus after doing this
- 10:08 ‘Good year’ for BAE Systems
- 10:08 Advice issued on protecting yourself and property as Storm Doris...
- 10:08 Police seize suspected cannabis haul
- 10:08 New regulation proposed for doggy day care businesses
- 10:08 10 things every parent should know about Tax-Free Childcare
- 10:06 Wayne Shaw breaks silence over pie-eating scandal – and blames...
- 10:06 Northumberland school buildings need £2k per pupil to bring them up...
- 10:06 LIVE UPDATES: Storm Doris arrives in Derbyshire
- 10:06 York and Leeds scientists in breakthrough on ‘unlocking’ common...
- 10:06 Celebrate National Toast Day with Burton's own Marmite by creating...
- 10:05 Coun Mair - ‘I’ve been given second chance of life’
- 10:05 Sheffield air raid that killed and injured nearly 50 people to be...
- 10:05 Racy Sheffield set TV show about selling sex toys and sexy...
- 10:05 ‘Brexit to blame for empty floors’
- 10:04 Racy Sheffield set TV show about selling sex toys and sexy...