Hot car death 'never planned' by father
A man accused of killing his young son by leaving him in a hot car was responsible for the boy's death but it was not intentional, a court has heard.
Justin Ross Harris wept as his lawyer argued the tragedy in Georgia two years ago was due to a change of routine.
Mr Harris forgot Cooper was in the back seat of his SUV that morning because he had usually dropped him off at nursery by that time, the court heard.
On Monday, the prosecution said the defendant plotted to kill his son.
He planned the tragedy because he wanted to leave the family to continue affairs with other women, the court... read more
- 22:51 Plastic surgeon posted photos of his patients going under the knife...
- 22:51 Boy, 7, miraculously survives horror crash on motorway
- 22:51 Vincent Kompany gives Man City fans honest update on injury situation
- 22:51 Arsene Wenger: This is my verdict on Arsenal's title chances
- 22:51 Championship boss confirms Man United forward is devastated to be...
- 22:46 Alex Neil: I won't do my old mate Garry Monk any favours
- 22:46 UFC: Beneil Dariush could have been an accountant instead of a fighter
- 22:45 US changes toddler screen time advice
- 22:43 Aid must provide value for money, says minister Priti Patel
- 22:41 KEVIN DE BRUYNE EXCLUSIVE: Pep Guardiola's way is the only way......
- 22:40 Venezuela political foes to hold talks as crisis deepens
- 22:38 Aaron Wilbraham: Tammy Abraham needs my help off the pitch... he...
- 22:38 Man City captain Vincent Kompany has warning for Jose Mourinho...
- 22:38 Leicester defender Christian Fuchs: I want to play in MLS
- 22:38 Harry Arter: I've made up my mind on which international side I'll...
- 22:38 Jose Mourinho: My Manchester United players need to man up
- 22:38 Jurgen Klopp: This is my message for out-of-favour Liverpool attacker
- 22:38 Newcastle expecting to make history against Preston
- 22:38 Moussa Sissoko suspension leads to opportunities for Tottenham...
- 22:38 David Moyes: This is what I have to say to Sunderland fans who want...
- 22:38 Ice hockey: Corey Neilson has warning for Nottingham players
- 22:38 Liverpool hero makes big claim about Man United star following...
- 22:38 Double injury blow ahead of Manchester derby
- 22:37 Exclusive - Philippines police plan new phase in drugs war: sources
- 22:37 Major collision on A38 sliproad
- 22:31 EXCLUSIVE: TRT has given Vitor Belfort a lot of mental issues -...
- 22:31 Thibaut Courtois shows immense passion by diving into Chelsea crowd...
- 22:27 Pop legend Bobby Vee dies aged 73 after battle with Alzheimer's
- 22:27 Alipay targets Chinese tourists abroad with Verifone deal
- 22:27 Lending Loop reopens peer-to-peer lending after regulator OK