Hospital staff can finally use new car park - after a year-long wait
The wait is finally over for long-suffering staff at James Cook Hospital with a date set for the opening of their new car park.
A year after it was finished more than 1,000 workers at the Middlesbrough hospital will be able to park their cars on the dedicated Prissick Base site from Monday, October 24.
As reported by The Gazette last month, a damning audit revealed that when the 1,100-space car park was completed in autumn 2015 health chiefs admitted they couldn’t afford to pay for it.
Months of legal wrangling followed between the health trust and Middlesbrough Council over who was liable... read more
- 03:55 Bishop who lit up royal wedding tells Washington crowd: 'Love your...
- 03:13 Bunnings pulls out of Britain after $1bn-plus disaster
- 03:13 North Korea leaves door open for 'desperately necessary' Trump summit
- 03:07 Private meeting to go ahead in Northampton today to discuss crucial...
- 02:52 Kim Kardashian returns to blonde hair for her anniversary... as she...
- 02:52 Victoria Beckham reveals that she teaches her four children the...
- 02:52 Professor Green's ex Fae Williams passionately kisses new boyfriend...
- 02:52 Coronation Street's Lucy Fallon enjoys date night with boyfriend...
- 02:52 Aidan Turner hints Poldark will end after series four... but...
- 02:52 Love Island's Olivia Attwood twerks in TINY leopard print bikini......
- 02:52 Footballer Charlie Austin's daughter dresses as a mermaid as they...
- 02:52 Rita Ora flashes her washboard abs in fringed red co-ords as she...
- 02:46 Brazil reaches deal with hauliers to suspend fuel strike
- 02:30 Tiahleigh Palmer: foster father Rick Thorburn pleads guilty to murder
- 02:21 North Korea ready to talk 'at any time' with Donald Trump
- 02:16 Poor white schools 'destroyed' by rankings
- 02:04 Steve Smith to return to cricket in Canadian T20 tournament
- 01:53 Lee Rhiannon announces retirement as Greens senator
- 01:53 San Francisco police will not be charged in deaths of Mario Woods...
- 01:34 SNP to launch growth report on economics of independence
- 01:25 'They are our brothers': Rohingya refugees find rare welcome in Aceh
- 01:25 Top bodies urge action to ward off Brexit VAT threat
- 01:07 Junior riders shine for Heckmondwike
- 01:04 'I took 57 painkillers a day to get high'
- 01:04 Angelina Jolie's Breadwinner spotlights Afghan girls' plight
- 01:04 Six acts to discover at Biggest Weekend
- 01:00 The strawberry-picking robots doing a job humans won't
- 00:58 Scarborough Market Hall wins prestigious award
- 00:57 Fewer children in detention but Indigenous rate falling more slowly
- 00:53 Cancer patient feels 'privileged to be alive' after NHS trial...