Hospital sent my injured boy home
THE concerned mother of a three-year-old boy has criticised the Royal Oldham Hospital after doctors failed to spot a serious neck injury and sent him home without treatment.
Jake de la Haye suffered an injury at his home in Shaw when his older brother jumped on his back and he fell to the floor.
Despite originally appearing to be OK, the following morning when Jake woke he was unable to move his head.
His mum Gemma de la Haye said: "He was drooling and walking awkwardly so I took him to a GP and was told it was probably due to the way he had slept and we were sent home.... read more
- 09:56 'Who's that watching my telly' jilted partner yells through letterbox
- 09:56 Comedy star Mark Watson to headline at Melton Theatre for LOROS...
- 09:56 Man seriously injured after accident in Wolvey
- 09:56 Controversial holiday-let plan back on table
- 09:56 New WI group sets up in Grantham
- 09:55 Watchdog fines EE £2.7m for overcharging 40,000 mobile phone customers
- 09:55 Woman, 29, assaulted at Doncaster beauty spot
- 09:55 Warning after distraction burglaries in Skegness
- 09:54 Mine guide relives horror telling Princess Diana not to BOMB...
- 09:54 How is Edward Snowden linked to Chelsea Manning?
- 09:54 Donald Trump made LAUGHING STOCK at Davos by John Kerry in spiteful...
- 09:54 BREAKING: Strong earthquake strikes Rome measuring 5.4 magnitude
- 09:54 Ryder Cup 2018: European Tour send major warning to players overseas
- 09:53 1,000 tourists evacuated from package holiday destination amid unrest
- 09:52 VIDEO: Electricity pylon catches fire beside Yorkshire road
- 09:52 Cloudy and mainly dry with light winds
- 09:52 Paul Pogba names Manchester United transfer target as his hero
- 09:51 Naked female cleaners wanted to clean houses totally nude for £45...
- 09:51 Man asks club to bar his girlfriend’s dad so he can chat up...
- 09:51 District council out against private policing for Selston
- 09:51 YP Comment: The key to loneliness struggle
- 09:51 Nuisance calls: Five things you wanted to know
- 09:51 Cleaner who stole £4,000 from dementia sufferer is spared from jail
- 09:50 Why plan to axe all Birmingham park keepers has been changed
- 09:50 Avian flu found in second 6,000 bird strong flock of turkeys in...
- 09:50 For drummer of The Smiths and The Fall to give pub Q&A
- 09:50 Theresa May faces MP grilling over Brexit plans after confirming UK...
- 09:50 Cloudy and mainly dry with light winds
- 09:49 Agent makes prediction about Arsenal and Man United target Dimitri...
- 09:48 Italy hit by magnitude 5.4 earthquake that was felt in Rome