Hospital industry 'cannot handle rocketing prescription drug costs'
Hospitals, too, are getting slammed by sharp price increases in prescription drugs, and the industry is urging the next president and Congress to take up the issue.
Drug costs have been blamed for fueling the opioid and heroin epidemic - getting patients hooked on pills they can't afford, forcing them to turn to the streets.
Now hospitals are weighing in too, claiming they cannot handle the prices - leaving the pharmaceutical industry more politically isolated.
A study released Tuesday by the two biggest hospital lobbying groups found that overall, hospitals' average annual inpatient drug... read more
- 20:51 City News: AB InBev, British Airways, Cala and Seedrs
- 20:49 When do the clocks go back and what does it mean?
- 20:48 Morgan Stanley COO Jim Rosenthal to retire at end of year - memo
- 20:48 Deutsche settlement over Russia trades possible in 2017 - sources
- 20:45 US election: Clinton 'eyes Biden for top diplomat job'
- 20:43 Morrisons has raised the price of Marmite by 12.5%
- 20:43 Watch as autistic Derbyshire boy, 8, performs amazing Thriller...
- 20:40 Jess Varnish relieved as British Cycling uphold complaint against...
- 20:38 Driver jailed for killing passenger as he smashed car into garden wall
- 20:36 India, Pakistan trade accusations of bloodshed across Line of Control
- 20:36 France's Valls expresses "anger" over Hollande comments - Le Monde
- 20:35 Apple products just got a lot more expensive because of the weak pound
- 20:33 Drunken mum who glassed woman in the face at funeral wake jailed...
- 20:25 Great British Menu: Prue Leith replaced by Andi Oliver
- 20:25 UPDATE: Police searching for potential escapee from Haverigg prison
- 20:22 Pornhub makes offer to buy Vine saying ‘six seconds is more...
- 20:21 FBI open probe into Hillary Clinton's classified emails again after...
- 20:20 Fylde coast ice rink site is back in play as fun centre
- 20:17 Don't forget to put the clocks back on Sunday
- 20:17 Spooky Halloween tales from the past around Burton and South...
- 20:17 Northwich Odeon opening date announced at Barons Quay
- 20:15 How Man City can thrive with De Bruyne, Gundogan AND Silva
- 20:15 Andi Oliver replaces Prue Leith on The Great British Menu...
- 20:14 FBI to review more emails related to Clinton's private email use
- 20:13 Mam Tor and The Great Ridge walk is the third top-trending...
- 20:12 Appeal launched to trace escapee from Cumbrian prison
- 20:12 Wolves: Why it's simply crucial Fosun get the next appointment bang...
- 20:09 Villagers step up efforts to save pub
- 20:08 Deadly measles complication is far more common than previously...
- 20:08 Soda tax DOES work in America: First tax on sugary drinks cut sales...