Hospital Clown Doctors who help sick children forced to postpone celebration due to clown attacks
A public celebration of the work of the Clown Doctors at the Great North Children’s Hospital has been postponed following a spate of incidents involving people dressed in scary clown costumes.
The sinister clown craze, which began in America and has spread to this country, resulted this week in a warning being issued to staff at Newcastle’s Royal Victoria Infirmary.
The hospital was put on alert after a message to “hit” the hospital was posted on an Instagram account called Killer Clowns North East.
A hospital spokesman said an email advised staff to be vigilant and report suspicious... read more
- 16:41 Skegness woman’s appeal brings Christmas to children’s ward
- 16:36 Potential investors in Hull City spotted at KCOM Stadium ahead of...
- 16:36 'Ecstasy' teenager found dead in Manchester hotel
- 16:35 Sporting success for high school
- 16:34 Primary schools in Lincolnshire rated as best performers in East...
- 16:33 Youth football coach allowed to keep working after child sex...
- 16:33 Watford 3-2 Everton: Stefano Okaka brace stuns the Toffees as...
- 16:33 Writer AA Gill dies after short battle with cancer
- 16:33 Arsenal star Mesut Ozil hits goal scoring milestone with header v...
- 16:32 Council warns residents about 'misleading' flyer
- 16:30 Upper crust pork pie victory by Haighs Shop
- 16:30 Kirklees man arrested over impersonating police officer
- 16:28 Writer AA Gill dies after short battle with cancer
- 16:28 Taxi driver who raped a teenage passenger jailed for 10 years
- 16:25 University tells students ‘don’t dress like Kim Kardashian’...
- 16:25 Hull City fans protest against Allam ownership in front of Anlaby...
- 16:25 ‘Good’ result for Leicestershire Police in latest HMIC inspection
- 16:24 Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder
- 16:21 Search for Good Samaritan after woman sexually assaulted
- 16:19 Is your old Nokia or Motorola mobile phone worth up to £1,000?
- 16:18 Upper crust pork pie victory by Haighs Shop
- 16:18 Kirklees man arrested over impersonating police officer
- 16:16 Arsenal star Hector Bellerin takes 17 minutes to underlain his...
- 16:16 INTERVIEW: Anders Lustgarten
- 16:16 Dramatic picture shows car on its roof after crash in Stenson...
- 16:15 Flooded nursery heading into 2017 on a high
- 16:14 Man United Transfer News: Dimitri Payet swap deal, Divock Origi...
- 16:14 WATCH: Santa Claus is coming to town for Marston's Christmas Festival
- 16:14 Killer drivers to face life sentences in plans put forward by...
- 16:13 Accident closes busy South Yorkshire road