Hospital boss threatened with legal action after exposing midwife whitewash
Cathy Warwick, chief executive of the Royal College of Midwives, confirmed her organisation may issue formal court proceedings against the trust in charge of Furness General Hospital over a secrecy dispute.
The row surfaced on Friday after Jackie Daniel - the woman at the helm of the University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Trust - uncovered details of an 'irregular' pay off to FGH's former maternity risk manager Jeanette Parkinson - which allowed the midwife to pocket thousands of pounds in hospital funds when she left her post in 2012.
In addition to the cash, Ms Parkinson was also given... read more
- 14:06 Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe calls for 'heroic defending' after his...
- 14:06 Huthwaite leisure centre faces closure
- 14:06 Pictured: Saudi crash horror sisters killed and fighting for their...
- 14:06 Driver killed and woman hurt in horror Tamworth crash
- 14:06 What TV channel is Stoke City vs Manchester United on? Kick-off...
- 14:06 Police cordon in place in Doncaster
- 14:06 Huddersfield tournament brings together boxers from across north of...
- 14:05 Planning applications: Plan for 28 new dwellings in Sowerby
- 14:05 Antonio Conte confirms Chelsea have received bid for this...
- 14:04 Fire rips through building in Saltshouse Road, Hull
- 14:04 Old Town road improvements to begin
- 14:04 Famous North Yorkshire brewery unveils new beer for Six Nations rugby
- 14:04 Whole world at winter party
- 14:04 Festive period busiest on record for region’s NHS
- 14:03 BT announces price hikes for broadband, landline and sport
- 14:03 More staff needed for ambulances
- 14:00 Danger driver jailed for more than six years after devastating...
- 14:00 Naked man found handcuffed and hanged in latex gas mask by...
- 14:00 Italy avalanche: Incredible footage shows moment young boy is...
- 13:59 David Haye creates new promotion company Hayemaker Ringstar in...
- 13:59 Diego Costa is available to play against Hull on Sunday... and he...
- 13:58 Man in court accused of attempted murder of police officer
- 13:58 Appeal lodged following Carlisle pub assault
- 13:58 REVEALED: Derbyshire schools GCSE performance tables
- 13:58 Rangers star Barrie McKay should jump at the chance to move to...
- 13:57 Police want to trace this Tuebrook man as part of attack probe
- 13:57 FC Stratford boss Poulson rues poor decision-making
- 13:57 Wirksworth joins ‘Bridges not Walls’ banner drop as Donald Trump...
- 13:57 QUICK QUIZ: This week’s news in questions
- 13:56 Builder, 34, has jail term slashed after attack on Andy Bemrose