Hospital boss threatened with legal action after exposing midwife whitewash
Cathy Warwick, chief executive of the Royal College of Midwives, confirmed her organisation may issue formal court proceedings against the trust in charge of Furness General Hospital over a secrecy dispute.
The row surfaced on Friday after Jackie Daniel - the woman at the helm of the University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Trust - uncovered details of an 'irregular' pay off to FGH's former maternity risk manager Jeanette Parkinson - which allowed the midwife to pocket thousands of pounds in hospital funds when she left her post in 2012.
In addition to the cash, Ms Parkinson was also given... read more
- 10:23 Hull construction firm completes third successful project at East...
- 10:21 Firefighters tackle chimney fire at a property in Hose
- 10:21 Award honour for receptionist Nora who has a 'heart of gold'
- 10:20 Arsonists torch car in Maryport
- 10:20 Ant McPartlin’s wife Lisa Armstrong breaks cover to debut new...
- 10:19 Jamie Redknapp makes HUGE claim over Mesut Ozil's Arsenal future
- 10:19 Dixons Carphone pulls back profit prediction despite solid...
- 10:19 Could you give big, beautiful Chloe a new home?
- 10:19 Two search and rescue operations launched over 'concerns for safety'
- 10:19 Blackpool FC legend Jimmy Armfield dies after cancer battle
- 10:19 Bid to house Syrian refugees in Lincolnshire
- 10:18 Princess Eugenie announces engagement to Jack Brooksbank
- 10:18 Cristiano Ronaldo trash talks Lionel Messi with Real Madrid mascots
- 10:18 When is the WWE Royal Rumble 2018? Matches, UK TV channel, odds and...
- 10:17 Derby County midfielder Jamie Hanson a 'transfer target' for Bolton...
- 10:17 Japanese flu symptoms - a dry cough could be a sign that you’re...
- 10:17 Blackpool FC legend Jimmy Armfield dies after cancer battle
- 10:17 How often should you have a smear test, what age should you start...
- 10:15 Novak Djokovic: Greg Rusedski makes surprise claim during the...
- 10:15 Ryan Sessegnon next club: Tottenham, Man Utd and Arsenal tipped to...
- 10:15 Where are the best gastropubs in Lancashire?
- 10:15 Liverpool decide they will try to beat Arsenal to Thomas Lemar...
- 10:15 VIDEO: Dancers put best feet forward at Tapathon
- 10:15 'Airline poo' falls on India village causing confusion
- 10:14 Sunderland youngsters show the way ahead for Chris Coleman
- 10:14 Coastguard rescue teams search for missing Blackhall man
- 10:14 Lancashire court listings - Monday, January 22, 2018
- 10:13 Abuse toll on the rise in the borough
- 10:13 Sellafield firefighters on strike today
- 10:13 Praise for emergency services after eight-car collision near Ripon